cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zoom doesn't log in on Mac and won't join a meeting

CristhianM
Listener

I regularly use zoom on my Mac and suddenly it stopped working, it doesn't log in to my account and doesn't let me join a meeting. it sends me a connection error and I don't know what to do. I tried with different Wi-fi networks and still doesn't work.

7 REPLIES 7

J-Zoom-ATL
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

@CristhianM I would start with uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom to see if that resolves the issue. 

If it doesn't, try connecting from a different network altogether to see if it was an issue with the network you were initially connecting on. 

How to Uninstall
Reinstalling Zoom

If this answer helped solve your question/issue, please hit the "Accept as Solution" button below.

CristhianM
Listener

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled zoom and it still doesn't work and I have tried with different networks altogether but the problem doesn't solves 

craigmcc
Listener

For what it's worth, I am experiencing exactly the same issues.  Zoom was working fine on my MacBook Pro until a few days ago, but it now fails to connect.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Zoom client, and tried this on both hard wired and wireless networks, but nothing works.

frankbarve5
Listener

I have as of now uninstalled reinstalled zoom it actually doesn't work and I have attempted with various organizations out and out yet the issue doesn't addresses! As a Pittsburgh SEO Consultant, I tried to join meetings at the time of consultations; however,  we are not able. 

RevJaye
Listener

I had exactly the same problem and spent 10 hours with Apple Support and they could not fix it--it wasn't my laptop or connectivity. It's a problem with Zoom Client. There is a workaround. First, try connecting using Chrome rather than Safari. Second, when Zoom Client starts its spinning, move it to one side so you can see the brower window.  There is a link that says "Problem connecting with Zoom Client? Try connecting on your browser." If you don't see that link, click on "Launch Meeting" and the link should appear beneath. AND--let the Zoom Client finish its spinning so you can "report problem." I hope that if we keep reporting a problem with Zoom Client that Zoom will fix Zoom Client!

mdelesio
Listener

Mine has been doing the same for nearly a month and I'm fed up. I take online classes and it won't work.

RevJaye
Listener

There may be good news. I checked again last week and Zoom’s website has some new downloads that are Mac-specific. I’ve installed the version for my newest Mac and it’s a huge improvement (in that now I can get into the meeting). There are still some rough edges but it basically works. I haven’t updated zoom on my older laptop but will try soon .