cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zfcAgent.exe Error ZCefAgentSystemError

ZoomAdminatWork
Listener

Hello everyone, 

For whatever reason, a few people at my company are having this error box open up multiple times when first opening Zoom. A clean uninstall and reinstall doesn't fix the issue.  SFC scannow doesn't either.  The agent is trying to open up the libcef.dll file in the "cef_x86" folder in the Zoom appdata folder.  I have also tried renaming the folder to "zoom.old" to have it recreate the folder.  Furthermore, I have tried copying the "cef_x86" folder over from another user who doesn't seem to be having the issue. 

Anyone have experience with this issue that can help me out? 

Here is the error in event viewer. 

37 REPLIES 37

ther0g
Listener

I have had the same issue since Monday! Our appdata is redirected to a network location and I know version 5.8.4 changes the way Zoom looks at appdata. The only way I have been able to fix the issue is revert back to version 5.8.0 and the error goes away. 5.8.4 was working fine up until Monday this week!  We are also a VDI environment using ZoomVDI application.  Is that the same case for you?

Could you install the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime on the issue VM then check whether the issue can be reproduced or not? The installation of this APP needs admin previledge. You can download the WebView2 Runtime from the following link based on the OS version of the VM.

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/

ZoomAdminatWork
Listener

glad its not just me, thank you! 

Are you using the ZoomVDI version. That's what we are using.

What is the VDI? We just deploy the Zoom MSI via PDQ deploy 

It's VMware (Virtual Desktop) I was trying to see if it's an issue with the application type. Which it doesn't seem that way.

btw, we are on 5.9.2481

ther0g
Listener

We are on version 5.8.4 Zoom VDI.  Does your company do appdata redirection at all?

Yeah, all of our appdata is redirected unfortunately. 

ther0g
Listener

Ours is also, I think it has something to do with the appdata redirect. I have a ticket in with support and haven't made mush progress with them yet. 

Sounds good, keep me updated if you could, I would really appreciate it. Thanks for all of your input, I really appreciate it!

btw, I rolled back like 4 or 5 update revisions but still no luck... 

Worti92
Listener

Hello Guys,

the same issue here.

We also have redirected our Appdata folder. We have the same issue since Monday as well.

The first answer of the Zoom Support was It's not their fault, its a dll of Windows.

I'm happy, that it seems to not only our problem.

Greetings from Germany 😉 

yuting_ke
Listener

Could you install the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime on the issue VM then check whether the issue can be reproduced or not? The installation of this APP needs admin previledge. You can download the WebView2 Runtime from the following link based on the OS version of the VM.

Tried this and didn't work

Worti92
Listener

Hello yuting_ke,

we installed the Webview2 Package as a test at 2 of our Clients.

The Error seems to be fixed.  

How is the further procedure?

Will you release an update of Zoom?

Hi! Worti92,

We are still working on this final solution to the issue. The release version and date will be shared here ASAP! Thanks for your understanding!

ther0g
Listener

I'm going to install it to and see if it fixes the issue, I just find it weird that we have to install this even though it was working find for a couple months and just recently broke as of Monday! We made no changes in our environment and the support ticket I have open keeps blaming our environment even though I point them to this thread showing other users having the issue. 

Agaur
Listener

Multiple Clients are facing same issue.

Any update on tickets?

Hi! Agaur,

As a workaround,  could you install the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime on the issue VM then check whether the issue can be reproduced or not? The installation of this APP needs admin previledge. You can download the WebView2 Runtime from the following link based on the OS version of the VM.

Thank you!

Hi,

I did install it in two computers and it didn't fix the issue.

Hi! Agaur,

Sorry to hear that.  This issue is related to the AppData redirection and Zoom Apps. We are still working on the solution to this issue.

If you don't need the feature of Zoom Apps, could you disable it via an admin account on the web portal?

Setting path: Account Settings -> Zoom Apps -> Zoom Apps Quick Launch button

yuting_ke_0-1640329689862.png

Hi! Agaur,

What is your OS version, 64bit or 86bit? You have to download the correct version of webview2 based on your OS version.

Thank you

ther0g
Listener

Nope! Support still thinks it's on my end and I just sent them even more logs. 

ZoomAdminatWork
Listener

wow, link them this thread.... 

nm_mchd
Listener

Anything new on this?  I have a user in our organization that has had this occur on her pc.  We have redirected appdata as well.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, but no change.  This just started for her today, and she has been using Zoom for a long time on her pc.  Maybe a recent Windows update?  Zoom really needs to investigate.

It is a bug on the Zoom side. We are still working on the solution to solve this problem. 

As a workaround, could you try the following method?

• Install the Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime on the issue VM. The installation of this APP needs admin previledge. You can download the WebView2 Runtime from the following link based on the OS version of the VM. https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/webview2/
  • If you don't need the feature of Zoom Apps, you can disable it via an admin account on the web portal.  Then have the user log off and back on. 

Any update or fix for this issue released yet?

Same issue on stand-alone PC's with the app.  A couple of 5.7 or 5.8 versions.  Set up a test PC with 5.9.1 - still got the libcef.dll error after logging on that wouldn't close.  (Note, turning of Zoom Sharing Service made it go away.)

Went to the website and logged on.  Turned off Zoom Apps.  Logged off and restarted PC.  Logged on, then into the app, no error!  Tested starting, making, and joining meetings, all without the popup.  Next step will be to try 5.9.6 when I have a bit of time.

ther0g
Listener

Yeah, Yuting_ke has the fix... You have to disable Zoom apps in the admin panel and then have the user log off and back on. 

Slssee
Listener

Hello,

Same issue here ... Appdata is also redirected ...

the problem started with an update from Microsoft (12/2021).

We will try the workaround (Zoom Apps Quick Launch button).

If Zoom support could find a real solution, that would be welcome.

Greetings from Switzerland

nm_mchd
Listener

Zoom needs to fix this.  We have this happening for multiple users.  They have workstations.  They are not using VDI.  I disabled Zoom Apps last week, but this is still happening.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled.  The error only happens after they login on the app.  This needs to be fixed.

nm_mchd
Listener

I was able to figure it out.  As I stated, we have multiple users experiencing this.  Disabling Zoom Apps does fix it.  However, the disabling it in the Admin Console when logged in as the admin user does not fix it for each user.  They individually have to login to the Zoom portal and disable it under their own settings.

Oscar22
Listener

Any update on this issue? my company has same issue on multiple users. solution mentioned here didn't help unfortunately.. any update is appreciated.

yuting_ke
Listener

Hi! Everyone,

Apologize for bring you any inconvenience. We will fix this issue in ver5.9.6. Currently, it would be appreciated if you could you use the workaround mentioned above.

Thank you very much for your understanding!

Kind regards,

Yuting

kyle_ag
Listener

When should we expect this update to be rolled out?

yuting_ke
Listener

Hi! Kyle_ag,

The Zoom for normal client in ver5.9.6 will be released on Feb 28th, 2022.

The Zoom for VDI client in ver5.9.6 will be released on Mar 13rd, 2022.

Thank you.

Yuting