Introducing the new Zoom Community Champion Program where we recognize our most engaged community members for their contributions.

Learn more and join
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to find cloud recording for free account?

seva
Listener

it gave me option to record to cloud and later when i came to look for it, it says tat cloud recording is only available for paid accounts. why did i get the option? now where do i get it?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

👋 Hi @seva, free/basic users have the option to local record, however, without a pro plan type you will not have the option to record to cloud. You can purchase a pro plan at zoom.us/pricing 🙂

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

👋 Hi @seva, free/basic users have the option to local record, however, without a pro plan type you will not have the option to record to cloud. You can purchase a pro plan at zoom.us/pricing 🙂

Leverage cool features and how to's from the Community Center. If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button! ⤵️

i'm in a similar situation as the OP. So iF I purchase a pro plan, will i be able to retrieve the recording i made when i had the basic plan?

Same situation here. It actually DOES give a free account holder the option to record to the cloud, then when you go look for it it's not there. What do we do now? If we upgrade will the recording appear? 

@RN  Would greatly appreciate your help!

Hi @DallasKohen testing with my basic account when you start the recording there's not an option of selecting cloud recording unless you have a pro plan type. 

Basic Account

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 9.23.57 AM.png

The experience when I try to record as a Basic user 

localrecordingex.gif

I have had the same experience.  I needed to check the recording for information, but I can't find it.

pohsson8
Listener

How can I find my recording? It is not in my local files

Sotonye
Listener

I am also experiencing the same problem. When i started to record, I clicked on Record on cloud. But I cannot find my recording on cloud. How do I go about this please

Same here.  I have a free account.  Just recorded to the cloud (because it gave me the option), Zoom didn't tell me that it would not save and now I cannot find the recording.  

sarahelhamsmith
Listener

Was anyone able to upgrade to Pro and retrieve the recording?

Hi @sarahelhamsmith were you previously a pro licensed user with cloud recordings? If you were, and are NOW you're not licensed; if you were to "re-upgrade" to a pro license type, you will be able to access all previous cloud recordings again. 

So, it's blackmail? Pay up or lose your recordings?