cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to find cloud recording for free account?

seva
Listener

it gave me option to record to cloud and later when i came to look for it, it says tat cloud recording is only available for paid accounts. why did i get the option? now where do i get it?

thanks

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

👋 Hi @seva, free/basic users have the option to local record, however, without a pro plan type you will not have the option to record to cloud. You can purchase a pro plan at zoom.us/pricing 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

Hi @DallasKohen testing with my basic account when you start the recording there's not an option of selecting cloud recording unless you have a pro plan type. 

Basic Account

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 9.23.57 AM.png

The experience when I try to record as a Basic user 

localrecordingex.gif

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @hah82 unless you were NOT the host, and the initial host was a pro user or higher and were given permissions to record, the host will have the recording and will then need to share the recording with you. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

17 REPLIES 17

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

👋 Hi @seva, free/basic users have the option to local record, however, without a pro plan type you will not have the option to record to cloud. You can purchase a pro plan at zoom.us/pricing 🙂

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

i'm in a similar situation as the OP. So iF I purchase a pro plan, will i be able to retrieve the recording i made when i had the basic plan?

Same situation here. It actually DOES give a free account holder the option to record to the cloud, then when you go look for it it's not there. What do we do now? If we upgrade will the recording appear? 

@RN  Would greatly appreciate your help!

Hi @DallasKohen testing with my basic account when you start the recording there's not an option of selecting cloud recording unless you have a pro plan type. 

Basic Account

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 9.23.57 AM.png

The experience when I try to record as a Basic user 

localrecordingex.gif

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Dear Dallas,

Thank you for performing the test. Nevertheless, please note that today I experienced this exact issue. The option cannot be found where you showed in the screenshot, but when one clicks on "start recording" (button at the bottom bar) it does give the choice, even to free licensed users.

So now I have the same issue described on the thread: Zoom gave me the option to record on the cloud, and once I look there, it's empty because it is a premium feature (which I did not know of)... It is very frustrating, is there any way we can retrieve the files?

I have had the same experience.  I needed to check the recording for information, but I can't find it.

pohsson8
Listener

How can I find my recording? It is not in my local files

Sotonye
Listener

I am also experiencing the same problem. When i started to record, I clicked on Record on cloud. But I cannot find my recording on cloud. How do I go about this please

Same here.  I have a free account.  Just recorded to the cloud (because it gave me the option), Zoom didn't tell me that it would not save and now I cannot find the recording.  

sarahelhamsmith
Listener

Was anyone able to upgrade to Pro and retrieve the recording?

Hi @sarahelhamsmith were you previously a pro licensed user with cloud recordings? If you were, and are NOW you're not licensed; if you were to "re-upgrade" to a pro license type, you will be able to access all previous cloud recordings again. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

So, it's blackmail? Pay up or lose your recordings?

What about if you were a free licensed user when recorded? If you upgrade, will you retrieve the files?

hah82
Listener

Based on this thread, I can confirm I was given the option to record the the Cloud on a Free Basic account, was given no warning, and do not have any recordings to show for it.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @hah82 unless you were NOT the host, and the initial host was a pro user or higher and were given permissions to record, the host will have the recording and will then need to share the recording with you. 

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello, 

This exact scenario just happened to me - The original host has a Pro account, I have a basic account.  I was promoted to Co-host and I DID get the option to record to the cloud, which I selected.  Now the recording is not in my account and the original host is saying it's not in hers either.  Any advice?

Thanks