cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

volume dissapear when open zoom on ipad

tikkahun
Listener

I have trouble using zoom on my Ipad pro, the volume of zoom is low and ipad volume control has no effect on it. Also when a meeting is On on zoom, the whole ipad lost volume, no more sound on youtube, video in my photo album, others app, all go silent.

Using the same account on computer are totally fine

20 REPLIES 20

ZoomUser2008
Participant

@tikkahun 

1. Ensure your speaker is turned on. If you see the speaker icon in the top-left corner is turned off, tap it to turn on your speaker:

• Note: You may need to tap the screen first in order to see the icon
  2. Increase the volume on your mobile device using the volume buttons or notification panel. Even if the speaker is turned on in Zoom, your device's volume might be set to mute or vibrate only.
  3. Try using headphones if you have them.
  4. Restart your mobile device.
  5. Reinstall Zoom from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.
  6. Ensure you have connected your mobile device's audio. If you see the following Audio icon in the meeting controls, tap it and select Call via Device Audio. If prompted, allow Zoom to access your microphone.

• Note: You may need to tap the screen first in order to see the icon.
  7. Try using a headset with a microphone if possible.
  8. Go to the Zoom Help Center if My audio is not working on iOS or Android – Zoom Help Center

ZoomUser2008

None of this helped.  I cannot get the volume of zoom to turn up on my iPad, it stays too quiet to be able to use on ipad. 

I have the same problem and tried everything, including deleting and re-downloading the latest version.  I don't think this version of zoom is compatible with the new iPad Pro. I also tried contacting them but they are hiding behind a wall - have to be a paid subscriber to get help. I may just use my old iPad for zoom meeting.  good luck

Same problem

spconsult
Listener

I have the same problem and tried everything, including deleting and re-downloading the latest version.  I don't think this version of zoom is compatible with the new iPad Pro. I also tried contacting them but they are hiding behind a wall - have to be a paid subscriber to get help. I may just use my old iPad for zoom meeting.  good luck

Problem not confined to Pro IPad. Same on my new regular IPad

DavidCKH
Listener

I have the same issue with my ipad pro. if I'm playing a video, the moment I start a zoom meeting, the speaker audio volume drops to a whisper. I can share the audio with participants but can't really hear the video, for example, that's playing on my iPad. No issues when I cannot headphones. If I end the meeting, the speakers work as usual. Very frustrating. I would really like to know if it's only some or all iPad Pros that have this issue. If you have an ipad pro, start a meeting and see if you can play a youtube and hear the audio over the iPad speakers. 

spconsult
Listener

I had the same problem until I found a simple solution.  The pull down menu in the upper right does not work with zoom.  But , guess what, the side buttons on the iPad control the volume for zoom.  I don't get it, but it works.  try it on your next call

For my iPad Pro, the side buttons have no effect. But once I close the zoom meeting, the speakers work as they should.

Are you using an iPad Pro?

yes a brand new one this year.  If you tried everything above, then use earbuds or headphones.  try deleting and reinstalling Zoom.  they may have an updated app.

good luck

It is now March 2024 and Zoom volume can still not be controlled on iPad Air 5 when listening on wired earbuds via USB-C. Side buttons don’t work. Earbud pendant controls don’t work. And there is no volume setting (actually, no audio settings of any kind !) within the Zoom client for iPad when watching a webinar. Completely unusable.

This does not work. Side buttons now do not control Zoom volume either. Completely unusable on iPad Air 5.

rider7150
Listener

Has this issue been resolved?   I'm just seeing it now on zoom and also on google meet.  really annoying.  The volume control on control center doesn't work. regardless of airpods or ipad speaker.  tried other bluetooth earphones as well with no success.  the side button works tho.  but with my workflow (mouse, keyboard, etc) it's easier to just use control center if that works.  Ipad Pro 11 3rd gen, ipados 15.5

There is a clear bug that the Zoom app on the iPad ignores Control Center volume changes.  It only listens to side buttons.  The iPhone version works as you’d expect as it lets you change with buttons OR Control Center buttons.  
It is made worse by the app  saving a volume level between meetings and ignoring the current volume levels, but you have no access to see or change.

…it does not listen to any volume control. Not side buttons, not control center, not pendant controls on wired earbuds over USB-C. Nothing.

spconsult
Listener

I found that the control center does not work.  I HOPE ZOOM is reading these posts and fixes it.

But the side buttons work.  sorry for the inconvenience.  write to Zoom

March 2024, side buttons don’t work either. It’s getting worse.

jrosekonungrinn
Listener

My issue is that the side buttons do not work.  Nothing works.  I cannot get a usable volume on the iPad for a Zoom call no matter what I do, it's far too quiet to hear, no volume controls on the screen or with the buttons can raise it, and I cannot get external speakers to work either.  

in the zoom app, before you start a meeting, on the left side, go to "Meetings." at the top it says "Audio".  make sure the Auto Connect Audio button is on for WiFi.  If it is off, check "ON,"

Also try using Original Audio. This disables noise suppression and may be affecting the speakers.

Otherwise, go to the zoom website and lodge a complaint.  If enough of us complain, maybe they will do something to correct it.

Letty46
Listener

Same problem here. I hope Zoom would fix this problem with IPad Pro.