cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

virtual background issue

aadesh
Listener

i have a pc with windows 10 which meets all requirements of having a virtual background but still i dont know why , when i go to settings to select a background, it says YOUR DEVICE DOES NOT SUPPORT VIRTUAL BACKGROUNDS.

9 REPLIES 9

Russell
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @aadesh, thank you for your contribution to the Zoom community!

Would you please provide your systems hardware and OS specifications and Zoom Desktop Client version? Also, if you are using a green screen or not.

Thank you for providing this information.

hi @Russell .

i have a pc with specifications as listed below:

aadesh_0-1642655568610.png

i am not using any green screen. 

and my zoom client version is given below too.

aadesh_1-1642655649523.png

thank you. it would be great if you can help

Russell

Hi @aadesh, thank you for providing your computer specification. The i3-4130 you have is a 4th generation processor (https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/77480/intel-core-i34130-processor-3m-cache-3-40...) and we require a 5th generation or high for using a virtual background without a green screen.

You might consider making a green screen or purchasing one from https://thewebaround.com/

If this was helpful, please click Accept as Solution below!

hlw @Russell  , i have same problem , my system details is Device name DESKTOP-HOB15DD
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2430M CPU @ 2.40GHz 2.40 GHz
Installed RAM 2.00 GB (1.85 GB usable)
Device ID 96322AAC-24EC-404C-BB7A-E21544082D03
Product ID 00331-10000-00001-AA509
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Russell

Hi @ashishprusty 

After reviewing the specifications of your processor it shows to be a 2nd generation core I5. For virtual backgrounds without a green screen, we require a 6th generation i5, i7, or i9. Here is a link to a support article with more details. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511-Zoom-Virtual-Background-system-requirements

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

hii @Russell  thanks for response ;

i have small doubt in document it showing for i5 minimum 2nd generation or more .

can you clarify me about it ? and what  is the possible solution for this problem?

Russell

Hi Ashishprusty:

My mistake on reading the specifications on our support page incorrectly. However, It does show 3rd generation processor for the image only virtual background without a green screen.  

Dan_ZoomSE

Hello @aadesh,

Please note that there are two different ways of using virtual backgrounds; with a physical green screen and without.  The computer hardware requirements are different for each.

Please review this document with the specific requirements:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360043484511-Zoom-Virtual-Background-system-requirements

Depending on your system resources, you may not be able to do virtual background without a green screen, but possible with as it requires less cpu.  By "Green Screen" we mean any solid color behind you to over lay the image on.  Greens and Blues work best.  The easiest way to setup a green screen is often just hanging a sheet on the wall.  There are also green screen kits on Amazon as well as some that attached to your chair (www.thewebaround.com).

If this has answered your question, please click the Accept as Solution button below so that others in the Community may benefit as well.

Thanks!

thank you for the suggestion and information. But i have already tried all possibilities and cross checked my specifications . My pc meets all the requirements mentioned