cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video glitching and freezing

okoro
Listener

Recently, I have observed that some of the participant videos during my meetings have been experiencing glitches and distortions. I am not sure if the issue is on my end or if there is a solution that I can suggest to resolve the problem. It has become difficult to communicate effectively through video with them. Sometimes, turning their video off and then back on again temporarily improves the quality, but after a few seconds, the glitches and freezes persist, or the video may go blank

7 REPLIES 7

dorlevi
Listener

It happens also for me and another person I am working with. 
it starts to happen after my computer updates a new zoom version.

divineerin
Listener

ME TOO! It happened after a ZOOM update! it's so frustrating not being able to talk to a real person!

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @okoro @divineerin @dorlevi can you please share the current version you're currently running Zoom on? 

Zoom regularly provides new versions of the Zoom desktop client and mobile app to release new features and fix bugs. We recommend updating to the latest version when it is available to receive the best video and audio experience.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

LpB_SE
Listener

After an update done January 18, 2023 (don't know the version number) I had the same issue. Downgrading to Version: 5.11.11 (8425) solved the problem.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hmm @LpB_SE do you mind updating to 5.13.7 (15481 Release notes) and let me know if you're still running into this issue? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

tessie711
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Still happening as far as I know, have had a couple work related complaints about it in the last few days...is it possible the version has to be 5.13.7 to resolve?

Elizabeth17
Listener

Happening to me as well. VERY frustrating especially if I'm presenting.  

I use my institutions account, so I don't know the particulars of version, etc.