cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

video freezing

SusanEL
Listener

I installed Zoom on a new HP EliteBook computer, running Windows 10.  When I join a meeting, my video displays a still of the view when I joined the meeting and immediately freezes.  I can see other participants' video feeds just fine.  I only see my frozen video, and the other participants only see my frozen video as well.  I've tried following directions from other posts, and nothing has worked.

5 REPLIES 5

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @SusanEL , thanks for your contribution to the Zoom Community. I know it has been a bit since you posted, are you still experiencing this issue? If so,  give the laptop a restart and then ensure that you do not have a lot of other apps open that could run up the CPU utilization. Try again once restarted and let me know if that works. 

Keep me updated!

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I am having the exact same issue for months. I can no longer do zoom with video from my laptop. My video grabs 1 sec still of me and then is frozen. I have reinstalled, cleared things, updated, etc. it just doesnt work since the update a few months ago. Any other ideas????

I have sent about 200 emails to support with this issue.  I have sent logs, meeting IDs, screen shots and still just the first email from support suggesting I uninstall and re-install the zoom software.  I cannot choose a background or video filter or even maximize my window without the entire app freezing.  I have lost business over the past few weeks with this issue as I have missed meetings or had to log out and log back in so many times that the other person leaves.  I have uninstalled (cleanzoom) and re-installed this app about 12 times, rebooted, verified that my internet is sufficient (it is), run the troubleshooter, closed everything else while I'm trying to connect (which is not convenient when I'm trying to share a sales pitch with a potential client).  This has been going on for two weeks now and there is no good resolution.  I sincerely hope that I get a reply here with some actual advice for solving this issue.

I have tried to do everything.  The video freezes in all situations except for speaker view.  Speaker view shows the speaker, but freezes everything else.

Hi @ericreyn ! 

Sometimes this may be caused when the host of the meeting has the "Peer to Peer Connection" feature turned on. If you are the host of the meetings, please make sure the "Peer to Peer Connection" feature is turned off.

The feature can be turned off on the Zoom portal.
Step 1. Click Account Management 
Step 2. Click Account Settings
Step 3. Disable the Peer to Peer setting under In Meeting (Advanced) section.

I hope this helps! Let me know 🙂

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?