cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

us02web.zoom.us link suspicious

LucaGhedin
Listener

Hi to everyone, i just had a zoom call with the link starting with "us02web.zoom.us". when i opened it i got the "join call" page, but ihad to download the client. the file had "zoom_###spgfpwfèaf+apds+vèg.exe (a lot of weird numbers and symbols).

i didn't pay so much attention and i opened it and did the call. now there is my doubt: could it be a virus link? because the .exe installer file disappeared after installing (then i downloaded zoom from "zoom.us" site and it hada normal name and .exe file did't disappear. i hope someone can clear me because im afraid i got scammed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @LucaGhedin us02web.zoom.us is a zoom official link as to your concerns; the experience you've had is intended as to the window you were redirected to and prompt to download the Zoom client, so no worries of viruses. You will be re-directed to download the client with the URL of us02web.zoom.us if the client is not downloaded or downloaded it'll prompt you to open the Zoom client (seen in my screenshot above). For example, you may've seen a file name like "Zoom_c2e9c6a778f53b86.exe"

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @LucaGhedin you have the desktop view opened when joining the meeting through your mobile browser. The .exe is the zoom installer for the desktop client whether it be Mac or Windows devices. Suggest downloading the Zoom app on your device from the Google play store on your android device (per your screenshot). You can go to https://zoom.us/download to download the Zoom app on your mobile device.

Here is the desktop view when clicking on a zoom join link or copying a zoom link into the URL. You will be directed to this page.  

Screen Shot 2022-05-05 at 3.01.15 PM.png

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Thanks for the reply but my  question was..did I download a virus? The site was "us02web.zoom.us" and the .exe installer was named "Zoom_cs_(a lot of random symbols).exe"

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @LucaGhedin us02web.zoom.us is a zoom official link as to your concerns; the experience you've had is intended as to the window you were redirected to and prompt to download the Zoom client, so no worries of viruses. You will be re-directed to download the client with the URL of us02web.zoom.us if the client is not downloaded or downloaded it'll prompt you to open the Zoom client (seen in my screenshot above). For example, you may've seen a file name like "Zoom_c2e9c6a778f53b86.exe"

Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Hello, I had the same thing pop up for me, I know you said it is legit, but

1. the typical zoom link I use just begins with zoom, not anything crazy like that.

2. I already have zoom installed, so why would it try for another program.

3. I have a network analyzer on my computer, and the moment I clicked this zoom link that begins with us02web, I get a notification that "Cloud Network Technology Singapore Pte. Ltd has joined your network"

Currently working to get them off my network, but I don't believe that to be a coincidence. I've never seen this with a normal zoom link, in which I use daily.

LucaGhedin
Listener

I put the image from my Android device with desktop view just to show it. I was on my windows computer

LucaGhedin
Listener

Oh ty so much. My suspect was also the fact the "zoom_cs_#####################.exe" file immediately disappeared after installing