cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to launch meeting.

putnam108
Listener

I am unable to launch a meeting.  The Error Message is 'your app version needs to be 5.11.4 or higher.  Please contact your IT team to update'.  I am an individual user with no IT team - just me.  I have no clue what this means. I am using a HP laptop with windows 11 with Chrome browser.  

Any suggestions?  Thank you.

10 REPLIES 10

Jameswalter
Participant

If you're unable to launch a meeting in Zoom, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

Check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable and reliable internet connection. If your internet connection is weak or unstable, it may prevent you from launching a meeting. Try restarting your router or connecting to a different network if possible.

Verify your Zoom account status: Make sure your Zoom account is active and in good standing. If there are any issues with your account, such as a subscription or billing problem, it may affect your ability to start a meeting. Check your account status on the Zoom website or contact Zoom support for assistance.

Restart the Zoom application: Close the Zoom application completely and relaunch it. Sometimes, software glitches or conflicts can prevent meetings from launching. Restarting the application can help resolve these issues.

Check for updates: Ensure that you are using the latest version of the Zoom application. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements that can address issues with launching meetings. Check for updates within the Zoom application or download the latest version from the Zoom website.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @putnam108  , thank you for your contribution to the Zoom community! We are so happy to have you here.

Please follow the steps outlined in this article when prompted with the error: Your app version needs to be [version number] or higher to sign in. Please contact your IT team to update your app:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/9563331551757

I hope this helps!

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

Carla (and others)

This is an ongoing issue for many users, including myself. Puzzling thing for me is that new meetings launch fine on my older laptop but not my newer one. Both computers have updated OS and I've relaunched, reinstalled several times.

Support really needs to weigh in on this. Otherwise, you risk losing customers to alternatives like Google Meet!

I am really rethinking my subscription to this platform that fails every time I make the mistake of updating.

Also, for f sake, why would you have badges? We're not here to be "chatty", nimwits. We're here because your product has failed and we want it fixed.

Janni
Listener

Yeah, I have tried ALL of these things and it still won't work. It had been working fine about a month or so ago. I have a Zoom doctor's appt next week and I really need it to be working by then. 😞

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

You can uninstall the Zoom app and then reinstall the most recent version.

Zoom has a "Clean zoom" uninstaller for windows and a Zoom package for Mac users to get rid of Zoom cookies and cache that may cause issues.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362983-Uninstalling-and-reinstalling-the-Zoom-applicati... 

Note: Use of the clean uninstaller will completely remove the Zoom desktop client, as well as the Zoom plugin for Outlook. The Outlook add-in, Chrome/Firefox extensions, and Google Workspace add-on are unaffected.

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

subwfr
Listener

this is wildly infuriating.
they have not fixed this,
it has disrupted months of my education.

Postnix
Listener | Zoom Partner
Listener | Zoom Partner

Had same prob.

Installing an older version of Zoom (5.16.6 as of October 2023) worked for me. Updating again  to newest one failed: Uninstall and back to 5.16.6.

Yeah, looks like I'll be going that route, and reassessing alternatives, because this sht is not what I'm paying for.