cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time zone is ignoring Daylight Saving

ebsullivan27
Listener

I'm setting up meetings in November, after Eastern Daylight Time goes back to Eastern Standard .  Zoom is still showing GMT-4 for "Eastern Time" for  late November, which is wrong.  We will be  GMT-5 after November 7. I have international participants who are going to be very confused about the time, and I have no idea if the meeting will start at the the stated time.

Will this fix itself?  Will it show up on people's calendars for the right times around the world?

3 REPLIES 3

colegs
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Which system are you seeing the difference in?  Zoom will set the time to stay the same across the time change, so it will always be at the same time for the host.  If there is a participant calendar that is not updating correctly, that issue is with the calendar provider.  Tested with Google calendars and it adjusted the time for the call correctly.

NilsBastedo
Listener

I have noticed the same. Very poor and needs correction. I set a meeting by BKK time, but they list that as GMT+7 instead of GMT+6 and so now I don't know if the meeting has been set one hour wrong or not. Very poor.

Jaszmania
Listener

Still not fixed from what I can see. 

Im in the UK trying to set up a meeting with people in the US.

The meeting is for 14th March when they will be on EDT but only get option of EST in the drop down. 

I want to send them the invite with the correct .ics file but Zoom won’t let me. 
Surely you should set the time zone to be correct for when the meeting is not correct for the time you originally book the meeting. 

J