cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time connected on zoom

Jenlonn
Listener

There used to be a timer of how long I have been connected to a meeting, but for some reason, no longer see it. I don't see anything in settings about this. I've googled and also "general" no longer seems to be an option on the settings...... How do I get the timer back? 

thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

You’re probably looking at the Zoom Web Portal. Open your Zoom Client App and look for the Settings there.  Or start a meeting of your own and do one if these:

• click on Audio Settings on the Mute/Unmute icon
  • click on Video settings on the Start/Stop Video icon 
  • click the shield in the upper left corner of the Zoom screen, then click the great icon in the window that opens up

Then you’ll see what’s in the screen shot above. 

Good luck!!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Frank_TB

Hello,

Using meeting timers

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115002542683-Using-meeting-timers#:~:text=Click%20your%20p... 

1. Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
  2. Click your profile picture and then click Settings 

3. On the General tab, check the Show meeting timers option.
    Note: On versions lower than 5.13.0, this setting is named Show my meeting duration. 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @Jenlonn,

@Frank_TB's input works for time to meeting end, but sounds to me like you're asking about the "How long have I been in this meeting???" timer:

Ray_Harwood_0-1676685537074.png

It's controlled here in your Settings -> General tab: 

Ray_Harwood_1-1676685579513.png

I've used this on occasion... but in testing it just now I see that changing the setting actually changes the presence of the timer "live" if you're in a meeting.

YYYESSS!!! That is what I am looking for but in my zoom account I cannot find the settings/ general tab???

I know I have accessed this before but I'll be darned if I can find it now! 

When I click settings it opens up to :

Ray_Harwood

You’re probably looking at the Zoom Web Portal. Open your Zoom Client App and look for the Settings there.  Or start a meeting of your own and do one if these:

• click on Audio Settings on the Mute/Unmute icon
  • click on Video settings on the Start/Stop Video icon 
  • click the shield in the upper left corner of the Zoom screen, then click the great icon in the window that opens up

Then you’ll see what’s in the screen shot above. 

Good luck!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That did it! 

Frank_TB

Hi,

If I schedule a meeting with an end time the timer shows me time elapsed and time remaining if I click on it.

Screen Shot 2023-02-19 at 12.59.28 PM.png

I'm on Zoom 5.13.7 for Mac.

Regards

Ray_Harwood

@Frank_TB -- Very nice!  I didn't know it would do that.  Works on Windows 10 with 5.13.7:

Ray_Harwood_1-1676839561656.png

I happened to test this on a meeting that starts March 2, so "260+ hours until it's over"!!

mks4462
Listener

I have a 40-minute free account. During my last two meetings, I have been disconnected when the time remaining was only down to about 10 minutes. Yes, the duration was 40 minutes. I have not found anything in Settings, but the other participants have texted me that their conversation was cut short. I'd like to be able to trust the Remaining Time so the meeting can be ended - gracefully. Thanks.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @mks4462.

Note that the Time Remaining timer shows how much time is left of the scheduled duration.  If you scheduled a meeting to run from 2:00pm to 2:40pm, but you joined the meeting 10 minutes early, the timer will count down to 2:40pm;  it is not counting the time left on your 40 minute limit, which begins the moment you start your meeting (or the moment it is started by someone else if you have Join Before Host enabled).

As an example, I just created a 30-minute meeting to start in 5 minutes:

Ray_Harwood_1-1681002734352.png

I immediately started the meeting, switched to the Time Remaining timer, and see this:

Ray_Harwood_0-1681002716057.png

All I can suggest is one of the following:

• Don't join the meeting early,  if you want to rely on the Time Remaining timer
  • Don't set Join Before Host, so others can't start your meeting when they join early
  • Start your own timer when you click the Join button.

You might consider putting in a Feature Request asking for a third option to be added to the Meeting Timer, that of "Time to Meeting Limit Termination".  

You can submit a Feature Request here: https://www.zoom.us/feed 

Markwood
Listener

In Zoom, you can view the duration of your current meeting or call in the top-left corner of the screen. This will display the elapsed time since the meeting started.

To view the total time you have spent on Zoom across multiple meetings, you can check your Zoom usage report. Here's how:

1. Go to the Zoom web portal (zoom.us) and sign in to your account.
  2. Click on "Reports" in the left-hand navigation menu.
  3. Click on "Usage" in the top navigation menu.
  4. Choose the date range for the report and select "Meeting" as the report type.
  5. Click on "Generate."

This report will display a list of all meetings you have hosted or joined during the selected time period, along with their start and end times and the total duration of each meeting. You can use this information to calculate your total time spent on Zoom.