cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speech repetition during a meeting

sgio705
Listener

Lately, when I hold a meeting I get a repetition during a conversation of a person. I've checked with all in the meeting to be sure no external speakers are too loud or too close to a mic and still it occurs. I have my echo setting to aggressive to no avail...any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

If you're the only one speaking, but you hear that echo sound, sometimes you can look at the microphones in the participant list and see which one is bouncing a sound level. If the sound isn't loud enough that might not suffice.

Then I would recommend if feasible to go around one person at a time and mute them. That's assuming that they were initially unmute. Once you mute the offender the echo will stop.

Suggest that they use earbuds, headphones, possibly turn down their speakers, and for sure have them confirm that Original Sound is not ON.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ZoomTestKitchen

If you're the only one speaking, but you hear that echo sound, sometimes you can look at the microphones in the participant list and see which one is bouncing a sound level. If the sound isn't loud enough that might not suffice.

Then I would recommend if feasible to go around one person at a time and mute them. That's assuming that they were initially unmute. Once you mute the offender the echo will stop.

Suggest that they use earbuds, headphones, possibly turn down their speakers, and for sure have them confirm that Original Sound is not ON.

If you find this information helpful, please click on "Accept as Solution".

If you have further questions, please reply, we're happy to help.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

sgio705
Listener

Thanks Jeff...I have another meeting tonight and have already passed on the reply from you to the other members so we can rectify this annoyance. My guess is that one of the members has an external speaker too loud and too close to the mic.

Thanks