cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speaker problem during a meeting

Arla
Listener

I frequently use Zoom for religious meetings that have music played by the host.  I cannot hear the music.  Verbal, I can hear.  Even when I test the audio speaker, the sound is very muffled.  The microphone is ok.  All settings are at max.  This is on a new Acer computer with Windows 11 Home.  I have followed all the Zoom speaker music recommendations and it doesn't help.  I've been using a separate tablet for the music.  Any recommendations ?  

6 REPLIES 6

JarnoBekkering
Listener

I think the host has to enable 'original sound' settings.
By default meeting applications like zoom has a filter, that only pass through 'voice' and mute all other sounds 

The problem is I am the only participant not hearing the music.  We had a video last night, and I could hear the voice audio but not any of the background music that I knew was there.  ???

I have this exact problem Arla. I'm the only one in the Zoom group who cannot hear the music, I can hear voice clearly but not music, can anyone help?

It turned out to be a computer problem.  I don't know what my tech did but he solved it.  It took a while.  He had to get on Zoom with me to believe that I was the only one not hearing the music!

Hi Arla, aha! So it was a problem with your computer rather than Zoom itself? Okay, I'll see what my tech guys can do with it, thanks for replying.

We solved it. Computer  settings for realtek audio