cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone needs to share screen while I'm absent

econsimon
Listener

I'm the host, but need to be away sometimes, so I'm wondering if there is a way in the setting where I can permanently set "multiple people can share screen"?   Or I can only name someone in the meeting to be my co-host so that s/he can share screen.   The problem is that if I'm late, then nobody can share screen.  Any idea is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @econsimon,

I think you probably do not want the multiple screen share option.  This would allow multiple people to share screen simultaneously.  There's also an option of "who can start a screen share when there's another screen share in progress", and I probably wouldn't recommend that either... assuming that the co-hosts (if more than one) can be relied on to stop screen sharing when it's the next person's turn.

What you're looking for is to simply enable participants to share screen as a default, and not have to set that option in-meeting every time.  The place to look is your web login's Settings page (https://zoom.us/profile/setting) in the "In Meeting (Basic)" settings (about half-way down the screen):

Ray_Harwood_0-1665078553474.png

This is my settings, and the important one you want to make sure you match is Who can share? to be set to All Participants.  I do recommend setting One participant can share at a time and Who can start sharing when someone else is sharing to Host only, but that's my preference after hosting many meetings and webinars.

The "danger" here is that some smart-alecky student decides to share.  Making your presenter a co-host could solve that... multiple ways to get what you're looking for.

Applicable Zoom Support reference articles:

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @econsimon,

I think you probably do not want the multiple screen share option.  This would allow multiple people to share screen simultaneously.  There's also an option of "who can start a screen share when there's another screen share in progress", and I probably wouldn't recommend that either... assuming that the co-hosts (if more than one) can be relied on to stop screen sharing when it's the next person's turn.

What you're looking for is to simply enable participants to share screen as a default, and not have to set that option in-meeting every time.  The place to look is your web login's Settings page (https://zoom.us/profile/setting) in the "In Meeting (Basic)" settings (about half-way down the screen):

Ray_Harwood_0-1665078553474.png

This is my settings, and the important one you want to make sure you match is Who can share? to be set to All Participants.  I do recommend setting One participant can share at a time and Who can start sharing when someone else is sharing to Host only, but that's my preference after hosting many meetings and webinars.

The "danger" here is that some smart-alecky student decides to share.  Making your presenter a co-host could solve that... multiple ways to get what you're looking for.

Applicable Zoom Support reference articles:

What do I do when that is how my settings are but participants still cannot share when I can't attend?

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @VB9.

Go to your Personal -> Settings page on the Meetings tab, scroll down, and set to allow Participants to share:

Ray_Harwood_0-1680379574364.png

Your choice on the next setting.  If you set Host Only, then everyone is stuck if someone else hogs the screen sharing.  If you set All Participants, then anyone can interrupt a screen share in process.  I like the Host Only setting, and then giving one (trusted) person my Host Key to claim the Host role.

econsimon
Listener

Thank you so much, Ray!  I followed your tip and problem solved!  Awesome!  Really appreciate it!!