cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

someone knows how I can know who was the first to raise their hand, who was the second and so on con

marlongaitan
Listener

someone knows how I can know who was the first to raise their hand, who was the second and so on consecutively.

Try to understand it but always the people who already have their hands raised move almost randomly

5 REPLIES 5

vescamilla
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello marlongaitan,

The participant list will sort itself in the order that the participants raised their hands. So whoever is listed first is the first person who raised their hand.

Hope this helps!

If this answers your question, please click "Accept solution". Thank you!

And in the gallery view this is ordered in the same way?

The gallery is the only way to accurately see who is next (of the people who raised their hands) in the que. This is a mistake that I've noticed for a long time now thats very frustrating. If the host relies on the "Participants" list, they will inaccurately skip over people. Usually it's the second person in line in the gallery that they will skip over.  I hope this gets fixed by Zoom ASAP.  Because you're right- it is confusing! 

Hi - "The participant list will sort itself in the order that the participants raised their hands." This is what everyone tells me but it is not my experience on my Chromebook. I have tried the web browser Zoom, Zoom app, and Zoom PWA app. In each the participants who have raised their hands are in no discernible order although the list and the gallery views match. Any suggestions? Is there a setting somewhere that needs changed? Is there a common mistake users make when thinking there is no order? 

Exactly!!!!! I have the same exact problem! Zoom needs to fix this as it is extremely frustrating!! The gallery view is the only way to accurately see who is next in the que . If the host only relies on the "Participants" list, they will skip over the second person in the que. You can easily see this mistake by watching the order of hands raised in the gallery mode, and hear the host call on the wrong people! This is a very annoying discrepancy and I have been in meetings where time and time again, the Host (unknowingly) calls people in the wrong order! (Because they're relying on their "Participants" list, and not "gallery" mode! Zoom, can you please fix this and make sure the Host's participants box accurately depicts who is next? So people with their hands raised are not unfairly skipped over? 

Thanks!