cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

share a meeting recording with others without permission to download it

lena3
Listener

Hello guys!!

I have a question: How can I share a cloud recording with others without giving them permission to download it? (just watch or listen)

I managed "share setting" and I unchecked "viewers can download".

Although, it doesn't work!..

I send the link to myself via email and it seems that the viewer has the permission to download!

Can you please help??

thanks a lot!!

Lena3

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Happy to help, @lena3!

So I'm guessing you are copying and pasting the share URL into your web browser and viewing the recording, and still seeing the Download option:

Ray_Harwood_0-1669384452596.png

(Assuming that you have properly unchecked the Viewers can download box:) This is because Zoom recognizes you are logged into your account, and have privileges to download the files.

Try the URL and Passcode on another device where you are not logged in, and the Download option should no longer be visible.  If it is, and you verify that the Viewers can download option is unchecked, something else is going on -- not sure why that would happen.  I've tested it just now, and that's what I see... Download is possible when I'm logged in and the URL is entered; Download does not appear when I am not logged in.

Let me know what you find!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @lena3,

I always forget to make the setting "do not allow downloading", because it's not right there in front of me when sharing!

It's an option after clicking the Share button for the session's recording:

Ray_Harwood_0-1669382862417.png

You'll see this (without the yellow highlighting)... and still wonder where the setting is!  

Ray_Harwood_2-1669382984009.png

Click the Share Settings Link and see these options:

Ray_Harwood_3-1669383043419.png

Uncheck the Viewers can download checkbox to disable downloading, then click the blue Save button to confirm.

Ray_Harwood

Happy to help, @lena3!

So I'm guessing you are copying and pasting the share URL into your web browser and viewing the recording, and still seeing the Download option:

Ray_Harwood_0-1669384452596.png

(Assuming that you have properly unchecked the Viewers can download box:) This is because Zoom recognizes you are logged into your account, and have privileges to download the files.

Try the URL and Passcode on another device where you are not logged in, and the Download option should no longer be visible.  If it is, and you verify that the Viewers can download option is unchecked, something else is going on -- not sure why that would happen.  I've tested it just now, and that's what I see... Download is possible when I'm logged in and the URL is entered; Download does not appear when I am not logged in.

Let me know what you find!

So that's the problem!! I didn't know that!!

Thank you so much for being here for me!!!

Thank you!!!

thank you so much - this helped me as well!  I was going crazy trying to fix this!

Hello Ray

Do you know how to make this an automatic setting so we don't have to do this every time we share? I share all my recordings with my students and it would be so much easier if I did not have to check this for the multiple recordings a week.

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @PHDbyEverlea.

There are too many questions floating around. Could you be more specific about what you’d like defaulted?

lena3
Listener

Firstly, Thank you so so much for answering!!

I already did that, but it doesn't works!! That's the problem... 

Any other idea?..