cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

separate licensed users on one pro account

Jenwith
Listener

We have one pro account with multiple licensed users. I do NOT want to know whether the SAME licensed user can hold or attend concurrent meetings. I keep getting directed to information about that. 

What I want to know is whether licensed user Ashley and licensed user Brad can each have a separate meeting at the same time—they are both licensed users from the SAME pro account. Ashley and Brad do not want to attend both meetings or set up both meetings. Ashley wants to run one for her team at 2 pm, and Brad wants to run one for his team at 2 pm on the same day. Neither wants to be knocked off when the other starts their meeting. No one on their invite list wants to attend both meetings. 

Is this possible? 

I have a feeling the reason this keeps getting asked over and over is that the zoom support doc that seems to cover "concurrent meetings" only mentions if one host or user wants to run multiple meetings. The question is whether two separate licensed users from one pro account can each hold a separate meeting at the same time - with no 40 minute limit and no knocking each other off. 

Bonus points if you can tell me whether Ashley (licensed user on pro account) could be hosting a webinar while Brad (licensed user on SAME pro account) could be hosting a meeting at the same time.

Again, we are trying to understand if the single pro account can host multiple meetings or a meeting and a webinar, each hosted by a DIFFERENT licensed user, where the licensed users do not want to attend any meeting except the one they set up. 

Separate licensed users, completely separate meetings, same pro account, same time and date. Possible? 

Thanks for considering,
Jen

8 REPLIES 8

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Jenwith 

Yes, since the concurrent meeting limit applies to each user and not the account overall, they each can host their meetings independently and simultaneously of each other. So Brad and Ashley can both host their separate 2pm team meetings and not interfere with each other's limit. 

I'll be sure look at how we can improve the support article to make that clearer, but let me know if you have any further questions about this! 

This was a relief to read as I have the same question.   We have 10 licenses for our zoom account.  Do we have to set their role as administrators?  Can they all have a meeting at 8 am with same parameters mentioned by JenWith above?  We do need an article or video on how this works. Its a little confusing

colegs

@JLynn they do not need to be administrators (and you shouldn't set them up like that unless they are actually managing your account)!  Each license is independent, so they just need to have their own license assigned to them.

Thank you

@Bort thanks. We will try this. It has been our understanding that we could NOT do this. Yes, the support article does need to be improved to talk about when different licensed users want to hold individual meetings at the same time instead of one individual user wanting to start or participate in concurrent meetings. The question, I think, is whether the ACCOUNT can have multiple meetings at the same time - each conducted SEPARATELY by individual licensed users. In our case, it's a PRO account, so it might need to be answered differently for business or educational accounts if there is a difference.

Also - what about the bonus question? If Brad (a licensed user) is holding a webinar, can Ashley (a licensed user on the same PRO account) hold a meeting without knocking Brad's webinar off line?  

Does your info apply just for meetings, for a mix of meeting and webinar, or for both concurrent meetings and webinars -- each conducted by individual licensed users SEPARATELY who do NOT want to start or join more than one meeting or webinar? 

There are many times when one of our licensed users has a webinar going on and a different licensed user would like to have a meeting (not attending both, just having a separate meeting at the same time). 

colegs

@Jenwith the answer would apply to both meetings and webinars.  As long as each host has a license, they operate independent of the other. 

Bort

The restriction still applies to each user on the account, while the account type just determines how many concurrent meetings you can host. For free and Pro accounts, each user can only host 1 meeting at a time. Each user on a Business account or higher can host 2 meetings at the same time. 

As for webinars, those are treated essentially the same as a meeting. Brad can host his webinar, while Ashley is hosting her team meeting. The only restrictions is that Brad cannot host multiple webinars concurrently, nor 1 meeting and 1 webinar concurrently. 

Jenwith
Listener

Thanks for all the clarifications.