cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

screen annotations do not work when sharing from ipad

jmandel
Listener

Meeting participants cannot annotate screen  shared from ipad running the latest version 5.8.0 (1293).  The annotate selection in zoom on mac and the pencil in zoom on ipad vanish.

This worked when sharing from ipad running a previous version but I made the mistake and updated zoom from the app store, Oops!

the ipad is running os version 14.8

8 REPLIES 8

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hey @jmandel, can you share the generation of iPad you're using? 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

I'm having the exact same problem.
I'm using the latest info ios. Annotate during shared screen and write the author.
The Android and desktop versions offer annotations, but on ios the annotation tool is really inconvenient. Please tell me why this feature doesn't exist.

I have the same issue and I have updated the latest zoom and I have ipad pro 2nd gen

IrisGagne
Listener

Hello, I'm experiencing the same issue and have an iPad Air 2 on iOS 15.4.1. Should this functionality be working for me?

Thanks!

pilli
Listener

Same issue here. Below are the device detials.
Ipad 9th Gen

iOS: 16.1

daekyocnslab
Listener
I'm having the exact same problem.
I'm using the latest info ios. Annotate during shared screen and write the author.
The Android and desktop versions offer annotations, but on ios the annotation tool is really inconvenient. Please tell me why this feature doesn't exist.

TutorTom
Listener

I am having the same exact issue… My icon is not showing up when the screen is shared on a zoom meeting. Everything worked fine until I updated the app. Usually I can share my screen during zoom and use my Apple Pencil on my iPad and touch the screen and the icon shows up and then I click on it and everything works fine. But now the icon does not show up during screen share.

wendim
Listener

It's now 2 1/2 years later and Zoom still hasn't fixed this.