cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scheduling privilege

tbpcoffice
Listener

I work in a non-profit organization.  We have a zoom account with three licenses.  We have several groups who need host a Zoom meeting at various times.  So, I alternate the licenses between the users depending who needs it for their meeting.  I currently set up the meeting on my account and make them a co-host. 

I'm wondering if they (licensed user) were to give me (administrator) scheduling privileges so I can set up their meeting if this would mean they would be the host of the meeting or would it mean I am still the host and they are an alternate host.  Therefore I would not need use two licenses (mine and theirs) for them to host the meeting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @tbpcoffice

Scheduling Privilege is exactly what its called, the ability to schedule for someone else. When someone gives you schedule privilege you can schedule meetings for them on their profile, from your profile. It is entirely their meeting and they would be the host upon starting it, but there is the added perk that you are automatically alt-host of all their meetings. 

As for licenses, you both need to be licensed and on the same account to use Schedule Privilege, but when hosting a meeting, only one of your licenses is active for that meeting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Bort

Hi @tbpcoffice

Scheduling Privilege is exactly what its called, the ability to schedule for someone else. When someone gives you schedule privilege you can schedule meetings for them on their profile, from your profile. It is entirely their meeting and they would be the host upon starting it, but there is the added perk that you are automatically alt-host of all their meetings. 

As for licenses, you both need to be licensed and on the same account to use Schedule Privilege, but when hosting a meeting, only one of your licenses is active for that meeting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thank you for the confirmation!  This is a great help!