cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

requiring passcodes

jpdaBaker
Listener

i've setup a passcode to enter meetings, but no one i send the invites to gets asks to enter the passcode. i want all participants to have to enter the passcode

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

nancyc
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi jpdaBaker,

By any chance are you using a free account?  Free accounts have passcodes turned on by default.  If you are not using a Free account, please check your Account Settings > Security.  Here is a link with specific details on how to turn on passcodes in your account:  Zoom-Meeting-and-Webinar-passcodes 

Please consider marking as "solution accepted" if this suggestion remedies your issue.

Thank you,

Nancy

View solution in original post

jpdaBaker
Listener

thank you nancy, we were able to find the settings in there to enable the effect we wanted.

thanx again,   j p

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

nancyc

Hi jpdaBaker,

By any chance are you using a free account?  Free accounts have passcodes turned on by default.  If you are not using a Free account, please check your Account Settings > Security.  Here is a link with specific details on how to turn on passcodes in your account:  Zoom-Meeting-and-Webinar-passcodes 

Please consider marking as "solution accepted" if this suggestion remedies your issue.

Thank you,

Nancy

jpdaBaker
Listener

thank you nancy, we were able to find the settings in there to enable the effect we wanted.

thanx again,   j p

Ezekiel12
Listener

Please can I still create a meeting without using the Passcode, I am not able to turn off the passcode option 

I am using the paid version , however, I get this option 

Ezekiel12_0-1665046294709.png

nancyc

Hi Ezekiel12,

It looks like you have two issues here.  One is that you are showing a screenshot of a basic (free) account which has passwords enabled by default.  If this is a paid account, you have the option of turning off passcodes but adding another security item such as a waiting room.  

I suggest checking with your Admin first to make sure you have a license assigned.  Then you can customize your Security settings.  

thanks!

Nancy