cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

remote control

Tyrongilia
Listener

@link to members I did the new admin upgrade now my remote control button is missing. Seems like this has been an issue based on what I'm finding. I have the paid Pro version and was able to use before the upgrade. Please help!!!

12 REPLIES 12

Alex_PFT
Participant | Zoom Partner

Hi,

Make sure remote control is still enable:

User

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Settings.
  3. Click the Meeting tab.
  4. Under In Meeting (Basic), click the Remote control toggle to enable or disable it.
  5. If a verification dialog appears, click Enable or Disable to verify the change.
    Note: If the option is grayed out, it has been locked at the account or group level, and needs to be changed at that level by an account admin. 
  6. (Optional) Select the check box next to Allow remote controlling user to share clipboard to allowed copied information to be shared across Zoom during remote control. Click Save to confirm changes. 

Requesting or giving remote control – Zoom Support

Alex

zoom@pft

I am having the same issue.  I am missing the remote control option and have check all the settings listed above. 

Alex_PFT

Hi,

What are you using for your meeting? (desktop client, web browser or a mobile device)

Prerequisites for using the remote control feature in a Zoom meeting

• Zoom desktop client for Windows, Mac, or Linux
  • iPad with Zoom mobile app
  • For use in webinars, you must be the host, co-host, or panelist

Alex

zoom@pft

I have the same issue. I am using the zoom client on a Mac. I can't see the remote control option at all.

Alex_PFT

@sassafras did you check your account settings on the web portal to make sure it is enabled?

Alex

zoom@pft

Den123
Listener

Also having the same issues.  Have done all of above

ivansanchxz
Listener

I have the same issue. On the website I have it enabled but on the app, there is no checkbox for "remote control". I'm on a Macbook and can't find the solution. Does anyone know the solution?

penpencil
Listener

Did anyone fix this? I'm having the same problem.

I have a MacBook Air (OS Venture 13.5). I have Zoom (version 5.17.5). When I use Zoom through my browser or through the Zoom app on my computer or iPhone SE, I do not have the option for Remote Control. I can share my screen, but I don't have the option on my nav bar for Remote Control.

In Zoom settings, Basic Meetings Remote Control option is on.

On my Mac, I went to Privacy settings, and Zoom can access the camera, and Remote Management is on.

Thanks for any suggestions.

I've found I now have to share my whiteboard then the option of remote control comes up.  Give control them close my whiteboard.  Clunky but at least I can now give remote to my students.  

penpencil
Listener

That didn't work but thanks for trying. 

Alex_PFT

Note: For Mac OSX, you will need to give Zoom access in the Accessibility tab in the Privacy and Security preferences of your Mac. Learn more about Zoom access permissions in Security and Privacy.

I did give Zoom access in the Accessibility tab in the Privacy setting but the remote control option does not appear on my nav bar when I'm in a Zoom meeting.