cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording

gdonn
Listener

We just got off a meeting which we recorded but now cannot locate a recording....

It is not on local drive or on cloud. I was the meeting creator however I made another colleague the host who hit record. We got all the verbal and visual confirmations that the meeting recorded. Yet once the meeting ended I didn't get the usual email or notification about recording.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DanHuber
Participant

if you did a cloud record and you are the original host of the meeting you should have gotten the email. if you were made an alternate host in the setup of the meeting then that original creator would get the email. If the person you made host inside the meeting clicked record local then the default is "my documents\zoom" on windows or "documents\zoom" on Mac. if they dont know for sure they go inside the Zoom app settings and click recordings on the left side and look at default record location on the right. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

DanHuber
Participant

if you did a cloud record and you are the original host of the meeting you should have gotten the email. if you were made an alternate host in the setup of the meeting then that original creator would get the email. If the person you made host inside the meeting clicked record local then the default is "my documents\zoom" on windows or "documents\zoom" on Mac. if they dont know for sure they go inside the Zoom app settings and click recordings on the left side and look at default record location on the right. 

Thanks I will look into all you have said and hope that it is somewhere. I was the original host and definitely didn't get the usual email and when I sign onto my cloud its not there either. Will update

Thank you. On the user made hosts local drive. Thank you.

So, if I'm a co-host or an alternate host and I click "record," the recording will be saved to my hard drive or the original creator's hard drive? Or the original creator's cloud?

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

As the alternative-host or co-host, local recordings will be stored locally on your device. Cloud recordings are always stored on the account of the meeting host, not the co-host or alternative hosts. 

what happens if we are not logged in? I was made a host and clicked record but was not logged in. I am still searching to see if it is saved in my hard drive

I have a similar problem - I recorded a meeting - I even have it listed in recording on local device. but then when I go to the zoom folder on my device it isn't there! where can I find it?

Hi, Same isseu for me, but I think the host didn´t pay attention to that pop-up and cancel the process of convertion. In this case, is it possible to recover the file? Is it somewere at the Zoom servers?

Thanks in advance.

dhickey
Listener

Hi all, I recorded a meeting last night and saved it to my PC, so I thought.  I can't find it..  I did not receive an e-mail from ZOOM either.  Any Idea how I can retrieve it or steps on where I can find it?  Thanks, in advance - Donna

geraldineM
Listener

same issue here. really need a solution !

if you saved it locally then it should be in your documents folder in a folder called Zoom with the date. there is a correct process though. you should click Stop recording before you end the meeting and when you do end the meeting you are presented with a pop up window showing you that the recording is being converted which you need to let it finish before closing that pop up. if correctly made you will have a .mp4 file name. if it says "double click to convert" then the recording and or meeting wasn't closed properly. you will have to double click and hope that file properly finishes converting. 

Hi, I have had the same issue, I didnt realise we needed to stop the recording so never did this.  I have checked my documents file but nothing is in 'zoom', would it have not saved?

is it possible you choose to 'record to the cloud'? if so then you can access logging into your zoom account on the web. Along the left side under personal settings you will see 'Recordings'. However if you had done a cloud record you would have gotten an email when the recording was ready.  

perhaps you did choose local record but it saved it in another location. you can check your default record directory by opening the Zoom desktop client, sign in with the account that hosted the meeting. Click the Gear icon for settings, along the left click recording, and you will see the path where local recordings are saved. 

Another thing that could have happened perhaps you were not the Host of the meeting, if you were a cohost and then did a cloud record that recording would goto the original hosts Zoom web profile. 

if you still cannot find and you are not the Admin/Owner of your Zoom account then reach out to Zoom support with the meeting ID and they can tell you if the meeting was recorded.