cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording options

Colleenrealtor
Listener

Hi community!

I cannot seem to figure out how to disable the auto recording. In  my settings, it is turned off but as soon as I begin a meeting, it automatically records and I would like to be able to start the recording when  I am ready.  I am planning to use this for short (4-5 minute) recordings of myself and information I'm providing to email to clients. 

Also, is there a way to change where the option drop down is (like make it be at the bottom of the screen?) It is nearly impossible to toggle between tabs without hitting the dang options bar and waiting for it to go back up. It's annoying and wastes time in my opinion. Thanks for assistance!!🤗

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @Colleenrealtor 

Can you check your settings for your Personal Meeting Room? Changing your settings will not affect already scheduled meetings, such as your Personal Meeting Room, which could explain why it continues to auto-record. 

1. Open the web portal and sign-in. 
  2. Click Meetings
  3. Click the Personal Room tab. 
  4. Edit that meeting and disable Auto-record. 
  5. Save the changes to the meeting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

Yes, this worked too!!!! Thank you so much!!!!🤗

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Bort

Hi @Colleenrealtor 

Can you check your settings for your Personal Meeting Room? Changing your settings will not affect already scheduled meetings, such as your Personal Meeting Room, which could explain why it continues to auto-record. 

1. Open the web portal and sign-in. 
  2. Click Meetings
  3. Click the Personal Room tab. 
  4. Edit that meeting and disable Auto-record. 
  5. Save the changes to the meeting. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Yes!!! This worked!!! Thank you!!! 🤗

Yes, this worked too!!!! Thank you so much!!!!🤗

Hi!  Will this affect every meeting moving forward?  Is there any way to have it not record for only a select group of meetings?  Thanks for the help!

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @Colleenrealtor 

For the second part of your question:

You can hide your Control Bar when Screen Sharing by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+H (on Windows) . You can also drag it to any position you want on screen - click and drag the green tab on the bar. But it will default back to the top.

Other keyboard shortcuts (for Windows and Mac) can be found here:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205683899-hot-keys-and-keyboard-for-zoom

Hope this also helps.