cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recording active speaker and shared screen

Fionalukas
Listener

Hello, When I record I'm only getting the shared screen, without the active speaker. I've checked my recording settings and they are identical to another account which is recording both. Any suggestions how to fix this? Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @Fionalukas

There are several recording layouts for local and cloud recordings depending on the video layout of your meeting.

For Local Recordings, the recording layout will match the view that the host (or participant with recording permissions) is viewing the meeting. The recording layout follows the video layout of the participant or host that started the recording. For example, if the host grants permission to a participant to record, and the participant starts a recording while in active speaker view, the recording layout will be in active speaker view.

For Cloud Recordings, the recording layout will match the layout settings set on the Recording tab under the Settings page on our web portal as shown below:

CarlaA_0-1642785020553.png

For additional details on those options please refer to our guide outlining Recording Layouts.

I hope this helps, but feel free to let us know if you have additional questions!

Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

jtdelancey
Listener

So if I want both me (host who is sharing the screen) AND my guest to both appear side by side in the recording, what setting do I need in place? Right now, the recording only shows the person who is speaking. But I want both of us in the recording. Thanks