cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-allow removed participants

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

If I do NOT allow removed participants to rejoin, and if I do remove someone from the meeting, how do I then re-allow that person to join the active meeting, if I want to?

Rupert_0-1633372542118.png

Thank you,

Rupert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

If they are not allowed to rejoin and you've removed them from the session, there is no way to allow them back into that particular session. The only way to have them join that meeting is for it to be closed entirely, which ends that session and resets the removed user list, restart the meeting, and have everyone join again. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Bort

If they are not allowed to rejoin and you've removed them from the session, there is no way to allow them back into that particular session. The only way to have them join that meeting is for it to be closed entirely, which ends that session and resets the removed user list, restart the meeting, and have everyone join again. 

Thank you Bort.  I am understanding the answer is I cannot allow just one person back in, even after the meeting has closed.  All will be allowed in at the next meeting.  Hackers will have to be removed each time.  The removed list is not retained.  Jane

Thank you for this solution - does that same meeting link work or does a new one need to be generated?

I removed a participant from a standing Zoom room because they were having trouble exiting the meeting on their own. If the meeting is ended but then the same link is used later, will the removed participants be able to join future meetings using the same standing link and meeting code? 

Bort

Yes, the removal only blocks that participant from rejoining that current session. Later sessions of the same meeting will allow them to join as if the removal never happened. 

This may work for meetings but does not appear to work for a webinar at this time.

Rupert

Understood. Thank you, @Bort 

mo_glo
Listener

What if the person logs out of zoom and logs back in with an alternate account (like a personal account vs. business) or logs in as a guest? Would that let them in to the meeting? 

Frank_TB

Hello,

You can report participants for inappropriate behaviour during meetings by selecting which participants you would like to report, include any written details, and add attachments. This report is automatically sent to the Zoom Trust and Safety team to evaluate any misuse of the platform and block a user if necessary.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360042791091-Reporting-inappropriate-behavior#h_118b55c7-b... 

1. As the meeting host or a participant, click the meeting information icon in the top-left corner of the window.
  2. In the bottom-left corner of the meeting information dialog, click Report.
  3. Enter the participant(s) you would like to report.
  4. Select the reason for reporting the participant.
  5. If you are not currently signed in to your Zoom account, enter your email address.
  6. (Optional) Select the Include desktop screenshot check box to include a current screenshot of your desktop.
  7. Click Submit.
    You will receive a notification that your report was sent successfully.

In-meeting security options

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360041848151-In-meeting-security-options 

Regards

If my reply helped, don't forget to click the accept as solution button!