cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"start" does not appear for meetings I schedule

dpenny
Listener

After I have scheduled a meeting, log off, and come back logged on , say 5 mins before

my meeting, I do not always see "start your meeting" on right hand edge.

I see it maybe 1 time out of 10.  I am forced to "join" my own meeting

with ID and PW like anyone else.

I am using win10 and downloadedapp on a PC.

1 REPLY 1

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

@dpenny, I don't have enough information to give you a definitive answer.  I can only think of a couple  of reasons why this might occur:

• If you are logged into another meeting.  Normally, the start button would allow you to click it, but would ask "Would you like to end the current meeting and start this meeting?"  I'm guessing this isn't what's happening to you.
  • If your ACCOUNT has multiple USERS, and you have an alternate host set up and they have started the meeting already, it could be that the Zoom client knows the meeting is already in progress... but normally Zoom will know you're the "scheduling host" and let you click Start and "reclaim Host" from the alternate.
  • If you have "Schedule for another user" privileges, and accidently have them selected when you created the meeting... then the meeting really is "theirs", not yours, and it will show up if you have "show all meetings regardless of the host" selected.  I've done this a time or two.

I'm sure there are some possibilities I've missed...but check these out to see if they solve anything for you.  Shouldn't happen under normal circumstances - obviously.  If those don't fix it, come back here and see if you can provide some other "unusual details" that might help us figure it out.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !