cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"XXX is Joining your meeting"

ModelADave
Listener

I have a Pro account that I established  year or so ago via the laptop I was using until recently. I bought a new laptop and installed Zoom thereon. Now when I join a meeting  that I scheduled, I get an email telling me that "David has joined the meeting". I am "David", the owner of the Zoom account that organized these meetings! This never happened before on my old laptop - and moving to the new laptop is the only thing that changed. While this may not suggest  any issue exists with my account, it makes me wonder about it. Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to make it go away? Thanks much.

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

These emails are triggered when someone who is not the host joins the meeting. Since you are the host, its likely because you are not signed-in to your Zoom account and thus Zoom is not able to officially recognize you as the host. Please try opening the Zoom app and signing in to your account. If you have multiple accounts, be sure you are signed-in to the same one that scheduled that meeting. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bort

These emails are triggered when someone who is not the host joins the meeting. Since you are the host, its likely because you are not signed-in to your Zoom account and thus Zoom is not able to officially recognize you as the host. Please try opening the Zoom app and signing in to your account. If you have multiple accounts, be sure you are signed-in to the same one that scheduled that meeting. 

Thanks, Bort! That worked. Much appreciated.

Dave

I get a similar problem after logging into my free account, starting a Zoom meeting triggers email to the host of a different paid account.  Is my free account incorrectly linked to that paid account? I do not want to be using the paid account, which my family uses elsewhere. In fact I do not know how to login to the family / paid account.

Bort

As I said above, these emails are triggered when someone who is not the host joins the meeting, and are only sent to the host of the meeting. Doesn't matter if you are associated with that account or not. 

Understand: I do not intend to join the meeting organized by the paid subscription named Golden family Zoom. I sometimes join calls for that group but am not the host. I intend to host a meeting on my personal but free account johngolden_nyc@yahoo. Why does Zoom instead start a meeting on the paid subscription?

Bort

Sounds like you are clicking on the join link that is associated with that account, rather than your free account.