cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"WRONG" "waiting for host to start" the meeting, error messageOFTEN, but I AM THE HOST... help!....

bberkZOOM
Listener

I get the horrible, and also wrong,

"waiting for host to start" the meeting, error message,

OFTEN, but I AM THE HOST... help!....

why is ZOOM software so bad!!!.... I use 2 emails all the time, and send an invite to other one, but I log on as main one and get this nonsense on my iMAC & can NOT log in to MY MEETING....

I open the invite I get on my main calendar on my computer from sending the original invite on my hotmail/outlook account using CHROME on my imac.... but it won't let me , the HOST, join!?!>.... 

unless I open the other invite on my calendar on my iPhone and open that too... which is not always convenient and should not be needed... how can I fix this before I just quit zoom forever and go back to teams (which lacks the great green screen option of zoom)....??

4 REPLIES 4

Rine
Attendee

Your wrong ,you must to wait your host till he open the device in your room.bberkzoom

I am the host... so this makes no sense....why does zoom think I am NOT the host when I created the meeting???

Rine
Attendee

Oh aren't to offend you ,yes you are the one to create  the meeting,

APerez-Negron
Listener

The invite is precisely that, an invite for your guests/participants/attendees, you need to login with your Zoom credentials and then join the meeting, if you follow the invite you will be considered a guest/participant/attendee and not a host.