cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Unable to detect a camera or microphone. Please check your device and try again."

Garnabby
Listener

Hi.  I get the message above  when I select to join from my browser.  The audio in and out works fine when I use the check computer audio feature with Zoom.  I tried Zoom in an actual meeting, a while back, but, the microphone didn't work.  I have Windows 10.  The microphone is set to default in the Recording section of Sounds, in the panel under the speaker icon.  I tried Chrome, and, then, Firefox, browsers.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Jameswalter
Participant

If Zoom is not detecting your camera, it could be due to a few reasons: Your camera is disabled in your device's settings. The webcam is not selected in Zoom. Interference from other programs or devices.

Hope this helps

Garnabby
Listener

Yes, actually, it did.  I didn't know that the camera had to work for the microphone to work.

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hello! 

For those newly arriving to this thread and experiencing this Zoom error, please follow the steps outlined in this article to troubleshoot: Zoom error message "Zoom is unable to detect a camera. Make sure your camera is powered on and conne... 

Carla,
Zoom Community Team

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

I have tried everything to get Zoom to detect my camera. I have been a Zoom customer since 2020 and for some reason today, February 23rd it stopped detecting my camera. My camera is on and accessible to Zoom. Please help!!

That's funny - exactly the same happened to me on the same day!

scottslinker
Listener

I have a Lumix GH5 Tethered to a MacBook Pro running Sonoma 14.2..1
The camera is tethered correctly.
 Problem is th eGH5 does not appear in the Zoom Settings Video as an option to select.
Anyone experience this and have a solution?