cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This meeting is for authorized attendees only" when Security configurations are disabled

BirdieOps
Listener

When we invite others to join a zoom meeting, they have been receiving the pop up with written "This meeting is for authorized attendees only". It would make sense if would have this enabled in our meeting security configuration, but all our settings related to authorised attendees are off:
- Only authenticated users can join meetings from Web client: OFF
- Only authenticated panelists can join webinars
- Only authenticated meeting participants and webinar attendees can join meetings and webinars

We previously did not have this issue. What could the problem be given that we have not set this up in the settings? 

Benedetta

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

That screen shot I sent is from the web view of your meeting in Edit mode.  If you're editing the meeting in the Zoom client, it looks like this:

Ray_Harwood_0-1642616855748.png

Again... this is a setting on the meeting itself, in Edit view of the meeting.  It's not a Zoom setting in the Zoom Settings screen.

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

View solution in original post

Hi Raj thank you very much. 

My view was a bit different, but I managed to resolve it by having to enter from the user's zoom account (it didn't work from the admin seat). The wording of the settings was a bit different as I couldn't find those you display but we disabled everything that included "autheticated". 
Then, for it to work, we had to refresh and wait a few seconds 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Ray_Harwood

You didn't specifically mention if this option in the meeting settings is checked:

Ray_Harwood_0-1642561229467.png

That is separate from the user and account settings you mentioned.

Hi Ray, 

I don't have that option on the zoom settings. However, all that has "authentication" is turned off so I'm not sure where to look.

Ray_Harwood

That screen shot I sent is from the web view of your meeting in Edit mode.  If you're editing the meeting in the Zoom client, it looks like this:

Ray_Harwood_0-1642616855748.png

Again... this is a setting on the meeting itself, in Edit view of the meeting.  It's not a Zoom setting in the Zoom Settings screen.

Hi Raj thank you very much. 

My view was a bit different, but I managed to resolve it by having to enter from the user's zoom account (it didn't work from the admin seat). The wording of the settings was a bit different as I couldn't find those you display but we disabled everything that included "autheticated". 
Then, for it to work, we had to refresh and wait a few seconds 

Hi Ray,  When you say "Again... this is a setting on the meeting itself, in Edit view of the meeting.  It's not a Zoom setting in the Zoom Settings screen." what is the path to get there?   Is it zoom via website, then "settings" menu under PERSONAL...or something else altogether?   I wasn't able to host a meeting today because folks kept on getting "this meeting is for authorized participants only.  Click "sign in to Join" to sign into zoom with an email address authorized for joining this meeting"

Ray_Harwood

Welcome to the Zoom Community, @ios_lrh.

On the Zoom Web Portal (this URL will show you your existing meetings: https://zoom.us/meeting#/upcoming) in the Personal -> Meetings view, after clicking the blue Schedule A Meeting button:

Ray_Harwood_2-1689110988482.png

... this shows up:

Ray_Harwood_0-1689110728308.png

After the meeting has been created, a similar view appears after clicking the Edit button for the meeting:

Ray_Harwood_1-1689110908646.png

... like this:

Ray_Harwood_3-1689111118779.png

138mott
Listener

Hi, I'm having a similar problem with my university's Zoom links.

I've been attempting to enter class Zoom meetings and I'm met with an alert to switch to a 'recognizable Zoom account' for the private meeting. The only zoom account I have has worked with other classes, and my attempts to sign in with a new account with my university email username, one I assumed would be more recognizable to the campus records, was also denied. The sequence keeps repeating and I've missed 3 late morning/afternoon classes. The access worked for one of my 5:30pm classes last night but the issue repeated this afternoon.  Is there a way to let me in and update the information so it doesn't happen again?

Same exact problems. Missed university class last night. Were you able to fix it, at the university-wide level?

BirdieOps
Listener

Hey, 

In my case it was a bit different as we were the hosts and people couldn't get in our meetings. What I found out (in our case) is that it's a problem of the host settings. 

Like in your case, the problem I had was that the host could let some people in and others not - and the general zoom settings were all good. 

I suggest you ask the teacher if she can disable all zoom settings which contain "authent" (e.g. aunthentication, authenticated..). Also, once that's done, it might not work immediately so try refreshing or copying & pasting the link (from the meeting to a url)

Hope it helps!

dinahswain
Listener

I am having the very same problem! Missed class last night... 😕