cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The meeting does not support dial in or Call Me." No audio options!!!

mindysch59
Listener

I am suddenly having an audio issue today.  When I try to log in to all of my regularly scheduled weekly meetings I get the following message: "The meeting does not support dial in or Call Me.  You cannot connect to the audio."  The microphone icon is missing from the bottom left corner of my screen, and when I click the new "Join Audio" button, it takes me to the audio settings screen with no obvious solutions.   I've tried reinstalling zoom and I've tried joining a meeting from the Zoom web portal but the same issue occurrs.  PLEASE HELP.   Thank you!

29 REPLIES 29

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer

Hi, @mindysch59,

I see from your screen shots that you're on a Mac.  I'm assuming you have previously used Zoom successfully on your Mac using Computer Audio, yes?

Have you recently updated or upgraded your MacOS?  Since the devices do appear in your second screen, I'm thinking that any update/upgrade might have removed the special security provisions that MacOS requires for access to the devices.

I'm not very familiar with the Mac and Zoom, but will point you to this Zoom Support article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360016688031-Granting-macOS-permissions-for-the-Zoom-clien...

Give that a try, and if there's no luck, let me know and we'll try something else!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

mindysch59
Listener

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your reply.  I checked all my security settings according to the article you shared and they were all checked appropriately to allow zoom use.  I'm stumped and frustrated.  I use this platform to teach remotely.

Eliot
Community Champion | Zoom Partner

hi mindysch59,

please see the article below for joining meetings with computer audio and screen shot.  

How to enable Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting
To enable Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting:

Sign in to the Zoom Desktop Client.
Click your profile picture then click Settings.
Click Audio audio-button.png.
Select the Automatically join audio by computer when joining a meeting check box.

Automatically join meeting with computer audio – Zoom Support

thanks,  eliot

mindysch59
Listener

Hi Eliot

My setting is and has always been set to "Automatically join audio".  My problem is a sudden and new issue - whenever I try to log into my scheduled meetings I get a message that tells me my "meeting does not support dial in and Call Me. You cannot connect to the audio."   I no longer have a mic icon on my main screen.  A "Join Audio" icon shows up instead, but leads me to my usual audio settings page, where nothing seems to be amiss.  I'm stuck.

Eliot

hi mindysch59,

please take a look at the October 21, 2022 support article and check to see that macOS permissions have been granted.  what version of macOS are you running?

"Due to increased security and permissions with macOS versions 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina, you will be prompted to authorize the Zoom desktop client and Zoom Rooms client to use the microphone and camera. On macOS version 10.15 Catalina, screen recording will also need to be authorized to allow screen sharing. "

Granting macOS permissions for the Zoom client – Zoom Support

are you using macOS zoom client and what is the version number?

Release notes for macOS – Zoom Support

thanks, eliot

I believe I’m just using zoom basic, not zoom client or zoom rooms. I do not have a paid account I just use the free version. Given this, do your recommendations  still apply? 

According to my Apple ID settings:  

My phone is 15.7.1, my laptop is 10.15.7, and my desktop is 12.6. 

I can 't be sure, since I've tried so many things in the past 24 hours... but the last thing I did was to schedule a dummy meeting (and choose device audio) as recommended by lachzj in another thread.  It seems to have worked and my audio connection is back!  Thanks for your ideas as well.

Mindy

Eliot

great to hear of your success!

thanks,  eliot

Unfortunately when I try to schedule meetings, As far as audio it only gives me the options of computer audio or 3rd party audio. I don't see anything referring to device audio.

this happened once I upgraded zoom. Prior, I had no issues 

KhayOWilliams
Listener

Hello, 

Can you please help me out? What exactly did you do? Ever since I upgraded my audio hasn't worked. I even got a new computer thinking it was my computer. Nothing si working and I NEED zoom to successfully run my business. 

Ray_Harwood

Hi, @KhayOWilliams,

Can you send a screen shot (most helpful), or tell me exactly what you're doing when this message comes up (please be specific)?

Please also include what operating system you are using.  I assume you have updated Zoom to a recent version.

It sounds to me like you're not talking about the same thing as the original poster was... so I'm just trying to get some clarification.

sharonle1212
Listener

Same thing here. I changed nothing and now no one on my hosted meetings has audio.  Checked all the settings and everything is correct. HELP! 

Ray_Harwood

It would be helpful to have screen shots of your audio-related settings, and information about your computer model, operating system details, and current Zoom application version.

sharonle1212
Listener

I have a MacBook Pro 2015 using macOS Monterey v 12.6.3.   I just upgraded to a paid account and now instead of getting the message I first reported, which was: The meeting does not support dial in or Call Me to join. You cannot connect to the audio.  Now I can connect but I have to call.  See screenshot below.  

Ray_Harwood

Please also check the Meeting settings... Edit the meeting and look for:

Ray_Harwood_0-1680403909622.png

Both is common; but at least Computer Audio and not Telephone.

Hello. I'm hoping you can help me .. also experiencing serious audio issues with zoom. When I start a meeting I receive the error message you see in the screenshot - I also have been trying to update Zoom but no avail - always receive an error message (despite having the most recent updates for my OS). My computer is a Mac Pro 13 inch M1 and the OS I currently have installed is Ventura 13.3. Thanks in advance 

Everyone is having the same problem on their mac! What has zoom changed that would cause this? 

I hosted a meeting. Everything is okay, except that the participant gets a message" Audio not supported on your connection". I cannot hear him. He cannot hear me. However Chat is working. My mic and speaker is working okay. Can you help me? Thank. 

I hosted a meeting. Everything is okay, except that the participant gets a message" Audio not supported on your connection". I cannot hear him. He cannot hear me. However Chat is working. My mic and speaker is working okay. Can you help me? Thanks.

Ray_Harwood

@Khaver, check your Meeting settings as suggested in my reply above on April 1. 

This worked!!

schedule a dummy meeting.

go to the meeting on the zoom app and click the 3 dots to the left of the “start” button. 

click edit

scroll to “audio”

make sure that’s on “telephone and computer audio” 

it will tell you that these setting will apply to everything with your personal meeting ID. 

click accept and done 👍🏻

rasriniv
Listener

I am having the same problem on both my mac and iphone. Mac is running Ventura 13.3.1.  IoS is 16.4.1. It started happening recently (last 4 weeks). I am unable to attend my classes. I have tried everything suggested in this forum -- also deleted the zoom app and reinstalled it on mac. This is not good. Please help.

Jo777
Listener

I'm also struggling with the same issue and it seems no-one is responding. Did you get an answer?

carol37
Listener

I also have the same issue on a Macbook Pro running Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6)

Been using Zoom for years, and now audio just does not work. Have tried all the suggestions in this thread and nothing works. Camera and microphone permissions are already granted to zoom.us in system preferences. When I try to create a dummy meeting, the only audio option available (it's already selected) is Computer Audio. But when I start a meeting and try to join audio, I get a dialog with the title "Choose ONE of the audio conference options" and the message "The meeting does not support dial in or Call Me to join. You cannot connect to the audio". The only button is "Close".

This is extremely frustrating. I've changed NOTHING on my system.

Edit to add:
During the meeting I also switched to the the Zoom app on my Android phone, and it also gave me the same "cannot join audio" message. So it's not just the desktop settings.

sharonle1212
Listener

I finally fixed this:

1. go to "schedule"

2. Check setting under audio and make sure "Telephone and Computer Audio" is selected

Good luck! 

KuriousKat
Listener

I checked my PMI setting as others have suggested and computer audio was not highlighted so I made sure to do that. It still did not work. For me, it ended up being a problem on the side of the person who scheduled the meeting. When they scheduled the meeting, under "Audio" they clicked "Computer Audio," since everyone joins on their computer. When they changed it to "Telephone and Computer Audio," those people who had been getting the "this meeting does not support dial in..." error message were now able to join the meeting with audio and mic working. Not sure if it was a mac issue or a Zoom issue or an internet issue, but all I know is now it works! I also went into Mac settings under Privacy and Security to make sure Zoom had permission to access my camera and mic (it did). So ask the person who schedules the meeting, or if it's you make sure to check that "Telephone and Computer Audio" is clicked when the meeting is scheduled. Good luck! 

Zaneris
Listener

Same issue, it just started happening, never happened before.