cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Signed out because your account is signed in from another device" during meeting

CarlaR
Listener

I was in the middle of a meeting that had been going for an hour and I received a Zoom popup message saying, "You have been signed out because your account is signed in from another device".

Very odd, as this wasn't the case. All my devices were with me in the room and switched off. My meeting continued as normal. Never seen this before, was it a security issue?

Zoom issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @CarlaR 

It could be a security issue, but it could be other things also.

Does anyone else have your password?

Do you have Zoom installed on any other actual computers - rather than other devices? Zoom will only log you out like this if there is another sign-in from from another device of the same type.

A sign-in means, in this case, just means the Zoom client being connected to Zoom - not necessarily connected to a Meeting. If that helps for context?

If you have a standalone password with Zoom (if your account is not connected to organization, like with SSO) and if this event is still inexplicable, I would recommend changing your Zoom password at https://zoom.us/profile and then also click "Sign Me Out From All Devices" at that same page.

Depending on your level of access in Zoom, or the critically or sensitivity of your account, you may also like to enable MFA as an added security measure.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360038247071-Setting-up-and-using-two-factor-authenticatio...  

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Rupert

Hi @CarlaR 

It could be a security issue, but it could be other things also.

Does anyone else have your password?

Do you have Zoom installed on any other actual computers - rather than other devices? Zoom will only log you out like this if there is another sign-in from from another device of the same type.

A sign-in means, in this case, just means the Zoom client being connected to Zoom - not necessarily connected to a Meeting. If that helps for context?

If you have a standalone password with Zoom (if your account is not connected to organization, like with SSO) and if this event is still inexplicable, I would recommend changing your Zoom password at https://zoom.us/profile and then also click "Sign Me Out From All Devices" at that same page.

Depending on your level of access in Zoom, or the critically or sensitivity of your account, you may also like to enable MFA as an added security measure.

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360038247071-Setting-up-and-using-two-factor-authenticatio...  

Ah, that makes sense. My desktop was on and Zoom was open on it. Thanks for allaying my security fears... although I do think MFA is always a good idea. Appreciate it. Thanks.

Rupert

No problem - you're welcome. Glad we got it figured out for you.

This is also happening to me. I am on a Windows desktop, my Macbook is not open, I have uninstalled Zoom from my phone and iPads totally. Today I got the warning and was signed out of my account at least six times in less than an hour. This is making me crazy. How do I find out what devices Zoom thinks I am signed in on?

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

I'd suggest the following: 

1. Open the desktop client.
  2. Open the client settings. 
  3. Click the Profile tab. 
    There should see a list of all devices you're currently signed-in to. 
    You can sign-out of all devices, or just specific ones. 

Hi Rupert,
This is also happening to me.. and while I have a laptop, desktop and a samsung phone which all 3 have my Zoom acount.  when I am on my desktop and my laptop is shutdown, and the phone does not have zoom on... 
And I have changed my password!
It still disconnects every once in a while (some times even 2wice a week) giving me the error of: 
"You have been signed out bacause you are currently signed in on another device" 
Why is this happening and what can I do to stop this? 
Thanks
Mickey

I have this same problem and it is really annoying because I don't have a lot of time between meetings. I am considering turning off the two factor authentication because I have to do it between every meeting. My assumption is that it is because it is connected to my calendar, and so it is trying to log in each time I have a meeting notification, but I am not sure. 

My password is reset, I use two factor authentication. I do you zoom from several devices. But I can't get it to stop logging me out at least 4 to 5 times a day. To the point that I can considering using another service

Agreed that this is maddening.  I'm on a meeting on my desktop, and on a break I open my laptop to check email.  I'm not going into Zoom, but it still logs me on out of my desktop.

jonharrell
Listener

This supposed security feature should allow for the user to turn it off. Instead, it smells of a heavy-handed fix for people trying to use one account on multiple computers - when in fact you can only ever start one meeting. Why can't I use my desktop for video and my laptop to schedule the next meeting? Why does zoom log me out of my meeting? I see a transfer call feature but how does this work if you get signed out on the device you would like to transfer to? 

Zoom has been broken by bad design. 

totally agree! I actively use two work laptops, because ZOOM does not allow to keep two connections at the same time I have to constantly enter login, password and 2FA. This is terribly annoying and there should be a function to disable this limitation.

I also agree. There is an article entitled "Signing in with your Zoom account on multiple devices" available at https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0066990 which talks about this, and gives these steps (quoting the article):

Prerequisites for allowing users to sign in on multiple devices

• Business, Education, or Enterprise account
  • Account owner or admin privileges

How to enable additional concurrent sign-ins

To enable or disable concurrent sign-ins for all users in the account:

1. Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin with the privilege to edit account settings.
  2. In the navigation menu, click Advanced then Security.
  3. Under Sign-in Methods, click the Allow users to login on multiple devices concurrently toggle to enable or disable it.
  4. Next to Select the max number of devices allowed, click the dropdown menu to select the number of concurrent devices.

When enabled, admins can choose 2-5 concurrent devices, and when disabled, users can be signed-in to Zoom on only one desktop computer, one tablet, and one mobile device at a time.

If you are having trouble signing in to Zoom on your desktop, mobile, or browser, learn how to fix sign-in issues

but i"ve gone through these steps, tried logging out and in, waited a while, and I still have the problem that when I log into one laptop it logs me out of zoom on the other laptop. Very annoying.