cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Share Sound" option is grayed out when sharing screen.

MMHAUS
Listener

I am no longer able to share my sound if I attempt to share a screen.  The checkbox option to "share sound" is simply grayed out and unavailable.  As is the option to "Optimize Video" as well.  It is happening on three of my machines that are all on the same version 

Mac - 5.11.9 (10046)

Monterey OS 12.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @MMHAUS ! Do you happen to know if the option to share multiple screens simultaneously is enabled? This could prevent your ability to share sound and optimize video.

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @MMHAUS ! Do you happen to know if the option to share multiple screens simultaneously is enabled? This could prevent your ability to share sound and optimize video.

Bri
Zoom Community Team

I am having this same issue, but I don't have this option above enabled.  Is there any other things for me to check?

Ray_Harwood
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Wow... thanks @Bri!!

I've been having this issue for a few weeks. As you probably know, I play around with my settings a lot.  Today I was putting together a demo for a new client, and wanted to record a "play video" in a Webinar with both Standard and Shared Screen views set for attendees.  No sound again!  (It hadn't really bothered me enough to investigate the last week or so.)

So I found this this post with your reply, and checked my settings:

Ray_Harwood_1-1663342484118.png

Changed to "One participant at a time" and now it works.  I decided to test whether this can be done during a webinar....

Big note for anyone finding this solution during a live webinar:  You have to "End Webinar for All" and restart the Webinar for this to take effect!  (Note: if you Leave the webinar and there is nobody to assign as Host, your webinar will end.)  I tried assigning someone else as Host, exiting the webinar, then rejoining the webinar, and still had the issue.  You can immediately restart the webinar... but the new setting won't take effect until that occurs.

So TEST THIS BEFORE YOUR WEBINAR (like I'm doing today)!

Ray - Need cost-effective Zoom Events Help? Visit Z-SPAN.com.
Please click Accept As Solution if this helped you !

Yay!! I'm happy you found it helpful @Ray_Harwood 😎🔥

Bri
Zoom Community Team