cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Raise Hand" button

Liselle
Listener

I just submitted this on the feedback page (https://zoom.us/feed) - does anyone have thoughts?

Could the "Raise Hand" button be moved to the taskbar as a separate button, rather than bundled into Reactions? So that it's as visible as Mute/Unmute, Record, Chat, etc.?

In the group I participate in, people, myself included, have trouble remembering where Raise Hand is, and it needs two clicks rather than one. By the time you fish around to find it and click it, the conversation sometimes has moved on, plus it's hard to concentrate on what people are saying while looking for a button. Also, raising one's hand seems more fundamental to the functioning of a group meeting than the other reactions (emojis, etc.) - the harder and slower it is to find and click on, the more likely people are just to interrupt.

Thank you for considering!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Liselle,

It may be the account type.  My account is Zoom One Pro with large meeting add on.  After seeing your question I tried logging in with a free account, and that setting is not listed.  A number of other settings are also missing in the free account.

View solution in original post

That explains it. I too have a Zoom One Pro account.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

VA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback with us @Liselle! I love the idea of making "Raise Hand" more easily accessible. You did the right thing by submitting this request at https://zoom.us/feed. That's always the best way to get product feedback directly to the right team here at Zoom.

In the meantime, there is a shortcut for this reaction. You can select the Alt+Y keys on Windows or Option+Y on Mac to Raise Hand / Lower Hand. There are some other great keyboard shortcuts available at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205683899-Hot-keys-and-keyboard-shortcuts

I hope this helps!

Virginia (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

On a similar thread, if the raise/lower hand function could be added to the keyboard shortcuts on iOS/iPad it would be SO HELPFUL!

balichas
Listener

Hi Liselle, check out this website for the remote control for 'raising hand', turning on/off video, etc. (for Windows/Mac computers) 

Thanks, balichas. That's more than I need, but it's a really nifty idea.

Mark1117
Listener

You could ask the meeting host if they are willing to change settings.  If "Non-verbal feedback" and "Meeting reactions" are disabled, then the raise hand button will appear on the task bar all by itself

mevans42
Listener

I recently found a way to separate out the "raise hand" feature so that it appears as its own icon in the menu (see image attached), but I cannot remember how I did that. Though I've searched the Zoom site for some mention of this option, I've come up empty. 

Mark1117_0-1694370849443.png

I recently discovered a new setting that may be what you are looking for (see screenshot). The setting is called "Show raised hand in toolbar." It is found in Settings category "In Meeting (Basic)."

Thank you, Mark — that's the answer. I'm surprised that Zoom doesn't make this option more prominent. My guess is that many users would choose to enable the feature if they knew about it.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for finding that! Unfortunately I can't find it. 

I've found Settings > In Meeting (Basic), but there is no "Show raised hand in toolbar" setting, as far as I can see. I've tried searching the page with Ctrl-F for both "raised" and "hand," but no dice. 

Could we be looking at different versions? 

Here's a screen clip of what the beginning of my In Meeting (Basic) section looks like - does it match yours?

Liselle_0-1694428725878.png

P.S. Here's the version I'm on (click avatar in upper right-hand corner, click "Check for Updates"):

Liselle_1-1694429038713.png

Liselle, I have the same version of the Zoom app, but this setting, as you know, is on your web account page, not on the app settings. When I go to zoom.us then My Account/Settings/In Meeting (Basic), I see "Show raised hand in toolbar" immediately after "Meeting Survey" and before "Show Zoom windows during screen share."  I doubt that it makes a difference, but I'm using a Mac rather than a Windows computer.

This is the url I'm on, is it the same for you? (Maybe minus the United States parts, if you're in another country.) https://us04web.zoom.us/profile/setting

Here's a screenshot of that section. The raised hand setting just doesn't seem to be there, and the survey setting is worded differently.

Liselle_1-1694461560597.png

Maybe it is a Windows-Mac difference. Disappointing, if so. But I don't know anything about Windows-Mac differences.

Yes, same url

Also, I have that setting available in both Windows and Android web browsers

Liselle,

It may be the account type.  My account is Zoom One Pro with large meeting add on.  After seeing your question I tried logging in with a free account, and that setting is not listed.  A number of other settings are also missing in the free account.

That explains it. I too have a Zoom One Pro account.

Liselle
Listener

Well boo. And odd - I mean, it'd be a nice setting to have (obviously I think so, since I requested it), but it doesn't seem like it'd be a big selling point. "😃 Upgrade to Pro and you'll get an extra hand-raising setting! 🎉 "  

😐