cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Participants video" feature error

longbien1914
Listener

Hello Zoom team! I posted an issue in the "Video Participants" feature. I want the guest to automatically turn on the webcam that I have turned on but the system doesn't work. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @longbien1914 

I'll admit that this is a bit confusing, but I can provide some clarification. 

This setting controls the default video setting for participants videos in the meeting, but doesn't automatically enable video, as we still need to respect each participant's privacy. If this is enabled, then the meeting will try to have everyone join with video, so those who set their devices to join meetings with video on will join as such, and those who chose to have the option each time they join, are still given the option to join with video on or off. If this is off, then those who have video on automatically will join with video off and those who chose to have the option will not be presented with the video option when joining. It's important to note that either group can enable their videos during the live meeting (if the host allows it), regardless if the default for their videos is set to on or off. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Bort

Hi @longbien1914 

I'll admit that this is a bit confusing, but I can provide some clarification. 

This setting controls the default video setting for participants videos in the meeting, but doesn't automatically enable video, as we still need to respect each participant's privacy. If this is enabled, then the meeting will try to have everyone join with video, so those who set their devices to join meetings with video on will join as such, and those who chose to have the option each time they join, are still given the option to join with video on or off. If this is off, then those who have video on automatically will join with video off and those who chose to have the option will not be presented with the video option when joining. It's important to note that either group can enable their videos during the live meeting (if the host allows it), regardless if the default for their videos is set to on or off. 

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

I have in my settings to start with participants' video on - I understand if their settings override it, but I have people who WANT their video to be on right away and my meetings still prompt them to manually turn it on even though my settings are the opposite. How can this be fixed?

longbien1914
Listener

I got it, thanks for the explanation