cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with Allow participants to join anytime

N2N
Listener

I created a recurring meeting (12) and selected to Allow participants to join anytime or Enable join before host.  This is enabled in both account general settings and the particular schedule meeting settings. It was working fine until about the 7th or 8th meeting about 3 weeks ago it start permitting anyone to join without the host opening the meeting first. I've doubled checked all configurations, including disenable and reenable this option. Still not working. It is, however, functioning correctly for totally new meetings created with same account. Help someone? I still have 2 remaining meetings that I will not be able to be present as host and need a solution very urgently.

5 REPLIES 5

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @N2N,
My name is Brandon. Thanks for joining the Zoom Community! Allow participants to join before host does just that. It allows your participants to join before the host. When you join the meeting you will immediately be reverted to the host of the meeting and will obtain all host controls and the first person to join the meeting will be reverted back to a participant of the meeting. This sounds like it is working as designed. 

Thanks, 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

HG-N
Listener

I would like to achieve this also, but with me it doesn't work. Even though I've enabled 'join before host' , zoom just keeps on prompting 'waiting for host to start the meeting' (no time option selected, join at any time). 
Not sure what is wrong, or why it isn't working.

BethOwl
Listener

HELP! I don't want participants joining before me, the host, but for some reason, "Allow Participants to Join Anytime" is suddenly grayed out, with a "no" symbol.

I do not know if I changed some kind of configuration or what, but I used to be able to let them. This is REALLY important, in case people are late, or accidentally get cut off and want to come back, etc.

How to I get it to stop being "grayed out" with a "no" symbol??? It didn't used to be. URGENT, please! Class starts tomorrow, and when I first created this meeting, I am SURE it was turned on.

YaBoiB

Hi @BethOwl

A greyed out setting means that the organization admins have locked this setting, so what you should do is reach out to your organizations IT team or admins. Typically if you go to your account page there is usually an email address or number to reach this team. If you own your own account then you will want to go to admin > account management > account settings > search for the setting and unlock and disable the toggle to allow you to change this for your meetings moving forward. 

For upcoming meetings that are already set with this setting, once unlocked you can then go in and edit that particular meeting and you should then have the ability to change that setting for the meeting. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion

YaBoiB

Let me add that a enabled toggle (blue) means "on" by default, where as a locked settings, means only an admin of the account can change the setting. 

"On" by default can be changed but it will be enabled for your meetings by default meaning, if you make no changes to that setting it will remain turned on. I hope that I explained this properly so that you understand. If not, please let me know. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion