cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems recording - zoom profiles are fixed

juliannehh
Listener

1/ When I record a meeting with around 8 or so people Zoom seems to automatically show the pics of the attendees in the top right of the screen. EVEN WHEN I have shifted the panel of images manually during the session to another location on my screen so they are not obscuring the images in a Ppt I am sharing.  In other words, Zoom seems to record the attendees in a fixed position regardless of whether I move them around or not.

I just failed an assignment because the panel obscured some of the images and text in the content! How can I avoid this? I tried keeping the text to the left of the Ppt slides but it looked awful.

2/ While presenting, if more than one person speaks at once, Zoom seems to get confused and I find it hard to work out who is speaking. Usually it highlights the pic of the person speaking. Is there a way around this? 

1 REPLY 1

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

A recording will produce different results depending on whether it is a cloud recording or a local recording. Cloud recording can produce a share and active speaker where the active speaker is laid on top of the share in the top-right corner.

Local recording will record a share and spotlighted speaker or speakers, or even active speaker with the share on the left side and the speaker(s) on the right side. In order to achieve this you need to have Side-by-Side mode enabled, and dual monitor disabled.

There are many different results that can be produced based on several different settings. Cloud, Local, Single Monitor, Dual Monitor, etc.

It takes a significant amount of time to begin to get familiar with how to produce the results that you desire. And quite honestly there are some desired outputs that Zoom can't natively produce. Then you have to rely on more tech, knowledge, and experience.

Jeff Widgren
#ZoomTestKitchen

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen