cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

popup window stating the need to download Rosetta to start a zoom meeting?

runontrails
Listener

I received this message when I went to start a Zoom meeting this morning.  Since I thought it was something I might have missed from the Newsletter, I accepted.  Once the meeting started my audio to the other members was very poor. and I could not hear their audio replies.  Another popup window asked if I wanted to configure professional audio, which because I was trying to conduct my exercise class, I ignored.  I also had difficulty selecting Gallery view.  I could only see my tile in the lower right corner of my laptop and the last person joining the session, which occupied most of the display.  Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

runontrails
Listener

Rosetta 2 enables a Mac with Apple silicon to use apps built for a Mac with an Intel processor.  See Apple's Support site.  I received a new MB Air last Friday and was using it this morning for the  Zoom exercise class I Host.  I'm wondering if there are some translation issues with Rosetta 2.  I have another meeting tonight, so I will post the outcome after the meeting is over.

drhalter
Listener

Any updates on this? Since I prefer not to use Skype, I would like to avoid this step...

ZoomNovice
Listener

There are 2 versions of Zoom for Mac (Zoom Website > Resources > Zoom Download). The first obvious big blue button is for downloading the application that requires Rosetta. Clicking the link in the small print below that button takes you to the zoom application for Silicon Macs. I got caught out by not reading the small print-- I simply deleted Zoom on my MacBook, downloaded the correct version, installed and everything is fine again 🙂 . No popup requesting Rosetta. Hope this helps someone out there.