cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pinning my self to record only me on the video

mollymcco
Listener

I have had this happen twice.  I pinned myself so I record only me on the video, (participants are in a line above) then randomly someone else's face shows up in the main box and I am not able to get myself back into the center position. The video records is a grey silhouette.  This is not intentional from the participant, it just randomly happens. Can't find any answers to why. Please advise if you know. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

anissat
Community Champion | Customer

The key is not to PIN yourself, but to SPOTLIGHT yourself. The view will look to who is creating sound by default, so if you SPOTLIGHT yourself, the camera stays on you regardless of where your sound sources are on the screen. (I also recommend muting everyone else - if you're the host/co-host, you can even turn off everyone else's ability to unmute themselves in the Security panel until you're ready for them to speak again!)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

anissat

The key is not to PIN yourself, but to SPOTLIGHT yourself. The view will look to who is creating sound by default, so if you SPOTLIGHT yourself, the camera stays on you regardless of where your sound sources are on the screen. (I also recommend muting everyone else - if you're the host/co-host, you can even turn off everyone else's ability to unmute themselves in the Security panel until you're ready for them to speak again!)

Hope this helps! Make sure to press "Accept as Solution" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Zooming!
Anissa • Zoomologist • @anissat

YES! Excelllllllllent solution. 🙂

Bri
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @mollymcco ! Did you see @anissat 's response? I think it's the answer you're looking for.  If so, don’t forget to mark the reply as an accepted solution! 😎

Bri
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?