Check out our new Work Transformation Summit page, and join our upcoming event to learn how leading organizations are building a smarter hybrid workspace for their employees.

Visit the page
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

photo not showing on screen when camera off

lorrainefontana
Listener

I have downloaded a photo, but it doesn't show when I'm in a zoom call and stop my camera...just my name shows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Bri
Zoom Moderator

Hi! Sign in to the Zoom web portal. In the navigation menu, click Profile. Then, click your profile picture to add your photo or change it. For more information, check out this article https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203-Customizing-your-profile. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Bri
Zoom Moderator

Hi! Sign in to the Zoom web portal. In the navigation menu, click Profile. Then, click your profile picture to add your photo or change it. For more information, check out this article https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201363203-Customizing-your-profile. Hope this helps! 

I have done what you recommend and it still does not work. When in a meeting it is just my name when I turn the video off and I have a photo uploaded.  One other thing, when I am on a Zoom meeting that someone else is hosting my name is in all lower case. 

Same here!

This issue is listed as "Resolved" but it is NOT Resolved!

Like the other people who have posted here, I already added my picture. My manager is complaining that I'm not using my photo.
 How do we re-open this issue so that Zoom will actually fix it?!

It is still not resolved and it is 5/29/22.

This needs to be fixed

Hey! As long as I log in to the Zoom desktop application FIRST (before joining a meeting) my picture shows up. If I just click an invitation link without logging into the desktop app it's a no go for the picture. Here's a link to same issue. Hope this helps! 🙂

https://community.zoom.com/t5/Meetings/HOW-DO-I-GET-MY-PROFILE-PIC-TO-VIEW-ON-A-ZOOM-MEETING/m-p/680...

I can't find a solution anywhere that works to get my photo to show when I turn off the video. Did anyone find a solution since I can't seem to get one from Zoom?

No photo option UNLESS I am the host

lbglazer
Listener

Agreed! Wishing they would solve this issue!!!

Same here. I haven't had my profile picture show for over a week while others on the call have theirs showing..whether i am signed in or not 😞

stacy1
Listener

I am having the same issue. When I am in my own Zoom account, only my name shows if my video is off, despite the fact that I have a profile pic in my profile. When I log on to other people's Zoom meetings, my photo shows up. Everything I've seen online I've either tried or I can't try (for example, people say to bring up the participant list, click the "more" button next to your name, and then click on "add profile picture." I don't get that option--I'm guessing because I already HAVE a profile pic; it just doesn't show up.

dears

very frustrating to read all possible solutions and that nothing works!… a solution to this seemingly simple Problem is really expected from Zoom Support (and/or Community…).

what is the use of having a Profile picture if one cannot use it?!

stacy1
Listener

OK, my bad. I figured out something that worked for me...I went into Settings/In Meeting (Basic)...at the very bottom of that section there is a setting "Hide participant profile pictures in a meeting." I turned it off and I now see my profile pic. Good luck.

I tried that.  Still nothing.

Very frustrating

That was already off for me.  My picture only shows up when I am in the host.

Jkayduncan
Listener

will try the security tab and unchecking hide profile next time on zoom