cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

people should join my meeting without code - just by clicking the meeting-Link

SR77
Listener

How can I plan a meeting, so that everybody who has the link (just the link) can come in?
I posted a link to a zoom meeting in my social media group. But some people told me, that they could not join because the had no code oder id-number. 
But everybody should be able to come in, without a code - just by clicking the Link

3 REPLIES 3

ChrisO
Note Taker

Hi Sr77,

The Join meeting link should allow users to enter the meeting without needing the passcode. However, if your users are not using the join meeting link and instead are visiting Zoom's website and clicking the Join button there; they will be required to enter a meeting ID and passcode. Have you verified that the users were clicking on the link you sent them? Also, the meeting invitation includes the passcode for all meetings that require one, it is listed slightly under the Join link.

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***

SR77
Listener

Thank you! But it's still not clear for me. 

This is the story:

1. I planned a meeting in zoom.

2. I copied the zoom link

3. I posted the link in my private fb-group and asked people to join by "just clicking the link" 
They got the message, that they need a code or id-numer. 

With two other people I send the link via messenger. - Also: Just the link (no id-number or code) - with these both people it worked well. They were able to join the meeting. 

Do I have to change the link when I post it in my facebook-group?
Or is it a question how to plan the meeting? 

Thank you so much!!! Sandra

@SR77You should not have to edit the link. When you say planned a meeting in Zoom, do you mean in the app or on the web portal?

Please remember to mark responses as accepted if they resolve your issue.
***Sometimes success is only achieved through many failures!***