cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

participants unable to join session- they get message "the host has another meeting in progress"

gaylajimenez
Listener

Im pretty sure I have everything set up correctly.  I have checked the box.. "allow participants to join at any time"

But for some reason, when they use our meeting ID # they are getting the green bar at top of their screen saying" the hose has another meeting in progress."  This is a new acct.  We have used zoom daily in the past with no issues.  Our clients have been able to always join our sessions.  We recently had to create new acct.. so Im thinking Ive missed something.. Appreciate any help.  

3 REPLIES 3

YaBoiB
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @gaylajimenez

It could be that you are starting your meeting from the home screen > new meeting button and you have these settings enabled on your account. Screenshot 

Screen Shot 2022-07-15 at 4.33.47 PM.png

This would put you in a separate meeting and not the meeting that you scheduled. The best practice that I can pass along to you is to use calendaring integration to schedule your meetings then you can click on the event that you are attempting to join and the join link will be the same as the participants that you emailed it to. 

I hope that this helps. 

Brandon

Brandon (he/him/his)
Zoom Community Champion
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

gaylajimenez
Listener

OK  Thank you Brandon.  I do start the meetings from home Screen- New Meeting.  I will have to go to home computer at gym that we use and check these settings.  I want these 2 settings OFF.. "enabled" Correct? 

Our meetings/workouts are available basically all day to all our members, so don't think the calendar will work.  I need to have it set up, so that anyone with our meeting idea, can join in when they want.  They already know all our session/workout times.. so they just need to be able join in.  Thank you again

gaylajimenez
Listener

https://community.zoom.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/1061 Shoot IF I disable the Password meeting ID feature... Then they have no way to access their session.  I wish I would of saved, or could remember how I had it set up b4.