cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

participants redirects to registration link even though already registered.

mikhaelmiguelb
Listener

Hello,

Do participants neeed to use their unique "join meeting" link via confirmation email to join in on the meeting?

For context, we had a scheduled workshop every friday of this month and have already set different meeting invites for their respective dates.  Everything was working normally on the first batch but the problem occured during the 3rd batch.

Our registered participants we're being prompted register for this meeting when using the link from their confirmation email.

Hoping to get your feedback as we have the same workshop scheduled tomorrow.

5 REPLIES 5

ZoomTestKitchen
Community Champion | Customer

The 2nd image attachment that you provided tells me that when they were trying to join the meeting they were not logged into their Zoom account first, therefore Zoom has no knowledge of who they are in order to make a determination of whether they are already registered and just send them to the meeting, or they have not registered and send them to the registration page.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

I see, so do they need to have a zoom account to join in even though they only registered using their company email address?

Also, the participants who already completed the registration we're the end users experiencing the said issue.

ZoomTestKitchen

It's possible that you have "Require authentication to joinYou must be signed into Zoom" selected in your meeting setup configuration. This is what requires them to be authenticated to Zoom before joining the meeting.

Jeff Widgren | Host of the Zoom Test Kitchen
@ZoomTestKitchen

Per checking, it's not selected.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @mikhaelmiguelb I believe there has been a fix to this issue. Can you please double-check to see if this issue is still occurring? 

Suggest looking into the Knowledge Base Article on Zoom registrants stuck in loop to see if this resolved your issue. 

Thanks and looking forward to your reply! 🙂

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!