Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

original sound for musicians on iPhone

shahafpiano
Listener

Hello

I am a piano teacher

My student has an iPhone 13, and I can't hear what she plays at all.

she has original sound turned on

but there is no "original sound for musicians" option in her zoom iPhone settings.

I don't know if the two are the same.

what can I do?

I have a paid subscription if that helps.

Thank you very much!

Shahaf

22 REPLIES 22

loricummings44
Listener

I have been having problems lately with my piano students who use iPads as well.  We can't seem to find the option to turn on "Original Sound for Musicians" ever since things changed about 3 weeks ago. I tried the suggested steps from December, but those don't seem to be available to them now. Any ideas would really help! 

Thanks~ 

Lori

sachinzoom
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello @shahafpiano @loricummings44 ,

Original sound will need to be turned on during the meeting. Please look at the iOS steps on this Knowledge Base:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115003279466

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

I’m thinking THIS may be the key. I have gone to settings more generally, when not in a meeting, believing it would stay set that way when we opened a meeting. Now I will be certain to go to Original Sound once I have opened a meeting. I’ll report the results after worship on Sunday. Thanks. 

There is no solution to this

ZOOM disabled original sound for musicians on IPhone
there is a comment from a zoom employer here to back this.

I think that they have done something to improve it since my original post.  Things have been better and I am hearing my students using iPads much better again.  Students on laptops are still able to use the "use original sound" feature and I get good quality from them.  Students using Android tablets have no issues at all.  Overall, I do believe that Zoom seems to have rectified the issue, for which I am thankful.  The only ones I have use the "Original Sound for Musicians" are students using laptops now, which is fine as the sound seems to be fine. 

loricummings44
Listener

That is an old instruction from December 2022 and does not work since the new update of 3 weeks ago on iPad.  I have tried it with 2 students.  We opened the "more" tab and searched through each section.  There was no option to "enable original sound" or anything similar in it. 

sachinzoom

Hi @loricummings44 

I do see this on my iphone 12. 

sachinzoom_0-1675903915631.jpeg

Making sure you meet the pre-requisites:

sachinzoom_1-1675903957789.png

Also, the Global minimum versions:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360059429231

If this response helps, please accept the answer as an accepted solution, so others can benefit as well.

Even after turning off the Enable Original Sound option, the piano sound is suppressed on iPhone and iPad.

sachinzoom

Hello,

That seems to be the issue. You need to turn on the Original sound for musicians as it will disable any noise suppression. 

sachinzoom_0-1675924371283.png

Please follow this article for details:

https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360046244692

Sorry I should has said turned it on. Yes I turned it on. Regardless the music is suppressed. 

It used to work, but suddenly it stopped working recently. 

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

Hello,

if you try to use this feature from a free account you have to have a credit card on file for the free account. This is a relatively new requirement.

Regards

Any explanation to this? Literally thousands of music teachers & students scrambling this month to find other alternatives to Zoom. (I run a FB group of 3000+ members including music teachers). To me, it would seem that if the host participant has a paid account, then that should be enough. Requiring students and other clients who only use this app once a week or less to put their credit card on file for Original Sound is only going to push people away to free apps.

What do you mean by "credit card of file"?
so ZOOM want a user to enter his or her credit card number into a program he or she doesn't need to purchase just so they can activate original sources for musicians?
 Why? if it's not even buying, but just placing the card number, doesn't make a lot of trust in the system.
anyway, the sound in "google meet" is better and I already paid for zoom, please fix this, it doesn't make any sense.

I agree, please fix this, but in the meantime, I'm looking into google meet.  I am a paid subscriber as well, and can't run my business this way.

Frank, this is RIDICULOUS!  I can't believe what I'm hearing.  Does everyone else have to pay to HEAR on a zoom meeting?  you are ruining the businesses of 1,000s of people!   I will definitely looking at other platforms that do not have this ridiculous policy.

Frank_TB

Hello lindar705,

I am not ruining anything for anyone. I am a customer just like you, who happens to volunteer my time here trying to help other customers like you.

If you want to let Zoom know how you feel please use this link for their customer feedback feature.

https://zoom.us/feed 

Regards,

CatDuet
Listener

It used to work so well in 2022, before the last upgrade. I wish they had left it alone.

FrostyPastor
Listener

I’m told that it is only on computers that you get the option of “Original Sound for Musicians”. Mobile devices have “original sound” but that doesn’t take care of the music issue

i am an annual professional subscriber. My church members who participate in worship via our Zoom feed need not pay anything to do so. 

EmilioCastilho
Listener

I'm a piano teacher, and I have a paid account on Zoom, 
and I'm here to say that even with the 'Original Sound' turned On, is no longer possible to listen my students who use Iphones playing the piano.
And Zoom doesn't give a f** to it.

exactly!!

loricummings44
Listener

My students with iPads are fine again