cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

one click share join meeting windows

jokop2
Listener

hello

I am frequently helping my dad with his computer via zoom. I usually take control on his screen and help him this way.

I would like to automate this process for him because he finds it difficult  to manage  the technical steps.

for example I would like to put an icon on my dads windows desktop  s.t in one click I could control his screen.

i.e. I would like to shorten this process for my dad:

1 I am sending my dad to his email the meetings join invitation. 

2 my dad joins and i accept.

3 my dad has to ask for share screen

4 i approve

5 I ask for remote control for his screen

6 my dad approves

thanks very much

nivjokop

1 REPLY 1

Arps
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hello!

You can take a few of those steps out of the mix, but maybe not all. 

On your Zoom account, you can setup a Personal Meeting Room.  This is a static room where the ID will not change.  These rooms must be secured with a password, but you can create a hyperlink that includes the hashed password.

Arps_0-1641498737770.png

You can use this invite link and create a shortcut on your dad's computer.  This will get him into your meeting. 

Once you're both in the meeting, you can click the support button on your side to request remote control of his computer.

Arps_1-1641498942257.png

He will be prompted to approve

Arps_2-1641498964871.png

This should take your list of 6 steps down to 2 or 3.

Here's a link to our support article on remote support sessions: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/208072316-Using-Remote-support-session

Hope that helps and please make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed.

Thanks! Rick