cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not letting me install zoom on macbook

gracefruit
Listener

I recently got a macbook and have been trying to download and install zoom on it. I can get as far as downloading it and putting in my password to install, but then something pops up that just says an error occurred and to contact the manufacturer (screenshot below). This has happened every time I've tried to install it, over 5 times now. I have no idea what the problem is and no matter how much I try to google it nothing is explaining the issue. Does anyone know how to solve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Frank_TB
Community Champion | Customer

What operating system version are you on?  What CPU does your computer have?

MacOS 13 added more security. You can’t install from the downloads folder unless you grant permission in your security and privacy system settings.

Try this:

1. Go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders—> Installer—>Downloads folder.

2. After enabling these options please retest installing the zoom desktop client app again.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchld5a35146/mac 

Another thought Is did you download the correct installer for your cpu architecture?

Regards

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Frank_TB

What operating system version are you on?  What CPU does your computer have?

MacOS 13 added more security. You can’t install from the downloads folder unless you grant permission in your security and privacy system settings.

Try this:

1. Go to Privacy & Security   —> full disk access —> Installer and then enable Privacy & Security   -> Files and Folders—> Installer—>Downloads folder.

2. After enabling these options please retest installing the zoom desktop client app again.

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/guide/mac-help/mchld5a35146/mac 

Another thought Is did you download the correct installer for your cpu architecture?

Regards

Thank you so much! That fixed it!

Worked Perfectly!  Thank you!!

Frank_TB

That’s good news Gracefruit!

Please click on "Accept as Solution" so others will be able to find this solution.

Regards

bensona6
Listener

What is going on ?