cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no blur background even with updated Zoom on a Mac

SusieB
Listener

I updated today to 5.8.0. I'm on a Mac.  I do not have a green screen, and I see no option for a blurred background. Allegedly, it should be there. All the help info I've found only says something like "you need to update." Yeah. It's updated. So what am I missing? Thanks.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Rupert
Community Champion | Customer
Community Champion | Customer

Hi @SusieB 

Does your Mac meet the minimum system requirements for blurred background - see below?

And is your Zoom account part of an organization that may have disabled all kinds of Virtual backgrounds?

• macOS version 10.13 or higher
  • Supported processors
    • Apple M1  
    • i5 - 2 cores or higher, 6th generation or higher
      Note: 6th generation i5 dual-core processor, requires macOS 10.14 or higher
    • i7 - 4 cores or higher, 4th generation or higher

View solution in original post

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

On behalf of the Zoom Community team, we wanted to thank you all for the helpful contributions made on this topic. Because of the insightful feedback shared here on this community post, we were able to create a new support article that outlines how to troubleshoot when the Zoom blurred background option is not available. We encourage you to visit and review this article to help guide you in your successful use of Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6619329769741.

Thank you!

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?

View solution in original post

42 REPLIES 42

That's the real solution! Thank you 🙏

Mine using Macbook Air 2017, the blur background was not available on MacOS, but when I tried to install Win10 using BOOTCAMP and installed Zoom in this OS, the blur background is available.. so it's only happen in the Zoom client for MacOS, not particularly because our MacBook Air processor

CarlaA
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi everyone!

On behalf of the Zoom Community team, we wanted to thank you all for the helpful contributions made on this topic. Because of the insightful feedback shared here on this community post, we were able to create a new support article that outlines how to troubleshoot when the Zoom blurred background option is not available. We encourage you to visit and review this article to help guide you in your successful use of Zoom: https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/6619329769741.

Thank you!

Zoom Community Team 

Carla (she/her/hers)
Zoom Community Team
Have you heard of Zoom AI Companion?