cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

newest update severely reduced speed

skinny01
Listener

I'm not sure what section this should be in.

I'm on Windows 7 and was forced by zoom to update to the newest version.

Now it takes over 3 min to start up and another 3 to join any meetings. 
It used to be instant.
Because of this severe delay, I thought it was just getting hung up and just wasn't working so I've been doing the whole uninstall, reinstall, reboot, etc... thing the past few days trying to get it working until I now saw that it just takes forever to load.

I've noticed that it creates 9 instances of msedgeview2.exe in my processes now, which I never noticed before.

Either way, this is way too long in todays computing world for an app to open.  I'm looking at 6 min total to get into a meeting now when a few weeks ago before the forced update, it only took a few seconds.

Does anyone know of any fixes and/or how to turn off the auto-updates?  I don't like them being on for this specific reason. 
This is really bad if now it's going to take over 6 min to join a meeting through the program, or now forcing me to buy a new computer because the app updates are crippling my functionality.

3 REPLIES 3

jcCFDP
Listener

Same here, it really sucks and messes with my zoom classes for adults.  I want the old way back.

RN
Zoom Moderator
Zoom Moderator

Hi @skinny01 what is the usage by the application when you open task manager? As in RAM, GPU (assuming integrated graphics), and CPU?

5.15 is out, maybe suggest updating, as I never suggest downgrading due to Zooms product releases, bug fixes, and security enhancements. 

Can you also share the version of Zoom you are currently running? 

I would also suggest unchecking, any acceleration with hardware that you may have enabled within the Zoom client itself, to see if that better performs (may decrease of quality in meeting, but will help due to your computers specifications), but you can access these settings 

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 12.15.14 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 12.17.19 PM.png

Options may differ as I am running macOS

Screenshot 2023-06-22 at 12.17.44 PM.png

Lastly, maybe suggest running a test meeting to see your internet and web client performance at https://zoom.us/test 

Let me know if that helps with testing! 

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
Zoom Community Moderator
he/him/his

Have you heard about Zoom AI Companion? ➡️ Check it out!

Yes, I made sure the hardware acceleration was off a long time ago, that wasn't it.

Thanks for the link to the zoom test, that helped me to problem solve more conveniently.

I still have no idea why it takes so long to open up, and then to go to settings takes another 3 minutes to open.  
But, it appears that if I click to try to join the meeting while the settings window is open, then it'll join quickly like normal.

So I guess that will be my workaround since hopefully that won't have my clients sitting there for 3-5 minutes waiting for me to get connected.  
But nothing else has changed on my end from when it used to work normally.  This all instantly started once I was forced to update zoom to version 5.13.7 (12602).