cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new type of zoom bombing: free floating window with offensive content

briantarbox
Listener

I run a technical meeting and tonight we got a type of zoom bombing I've not seen before.  Seemed to be free floating window with sexual content, not associated with any particular user.  We had rename/video/screenshare off.

We also had offensive chat messages appearing to come from multiple people ... seems that someone was able to create a chat "from" someone else.

Not sure what more I can do to defend against this sort of behavior.

4 REPLIES 4

pathfinder
Listener

I ran into the same thing tonight. The person's window kept moving around when in gallery view mode. It made it very difficult to stop the stream of adult video happening in the middle of our meeting.

Did you find a fix for this or did Zoom get back to you?

Zoom support really didn't have any suggestions.

Bort
Community Champion | Zoom Employee
Community Champion | Zoom Employee

Hi @pathfinder & @briantarbox 

Sorry to hear that you experienced this. I highly recommend you report this behavior so that Zoom's Trust and Safety team can investigate this and take appropriate actions. 

Additionally, if such a thing happens, I'd recommend using in-meeting security controls to quickly suspend all participant activities, which will stop all the inappropriate behavior so that you can remove the offending participants. 

Hope that helps and let me know if you have any further questions. Otherwise, make sure to mark the solution as accepted if this information is what you needed. 

TubeGuy
Listener

Is there any new info on this?  Any cure outside of suspend activity?